attachment.php

IMG_20181208_113930.jpg

attachment.php

IMG_20181208_113941.jpg

attachment.php

IMG_20181208_114049.jpg

attachment.php

IMG_20181208_114109.jpg

Last week, I picked my CX-9 up from the body shop. It was in for a couple of minor repairs (two separate hit and run incidents, one in a parking lot and the other while driving home from work). The body shop I took it to is owned by an auto group that has many dealerships under its umbrella (Crown Honda, Crown Mazda, Crown Nissan, etc.). They only have two body shops, one in the north side of the city that operates out of their Honda dealership and one in the south.

I was a little wary about getting a decent paint match with the MGM, but they did an excellent job! Super happy with it. Here are some pics..

Ouch sm1ke, that must have hurt...Glad you got it repaired to your satisfaction :).

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Last week, I picked my CX-9 up from the body shop. It was in for a couple of minor repairs (two separate hit and run incidents, one in a parking lot and the other while driving home from work). The body shop I took it to is owned by an auto group that has many dealerships under its umbrella (Crown Honda, Crown Mazda, Crown Nissan, etc.). They only have two body shops, one in the north side of the city that operates out of their Honda dealership and one in the south.

I was a little wary about getting a decent paint match with the MGM, but they did an excellent job! Super happy with it. Here are some pics..

Ouch sm1ke, that must have hurt...Glad you got it repaired to your satisfaction :).

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

The moving hit & run hurt me more than the car, haha. I have video footage of the incident and you can hear it in my reaction :p

Here's the vid. Skip to 1:00. You can see the events leading up to the hit, but basically, the Tiburon stopped at the merge, treating it as a yield instead. The 370z got impatient and was right on the Tib's bumper. After the Tib moves into the next lane, the 370z passes the Tib and gestures to the driver. Tib driver succumbs to road rage and decides to go after the 370z, swerving into my lane without shoulder checking and smacking into me. Pardon my French at the end. (argh)

I haven't uploaded the second part, but the Tib driver tries to get away by moving to the far left lane. I follow him and stop in front of him, and he cuts back across the three lanes to turn right. I follow him to get his license plate. He speeds off doing 100+ in a 70 zone, so instead of continuing pursuit, I head to the police station to file a report. I found out later that the license plate isn't even registered and the car/plate are likely stolen. Yay.

Last edited:
Here's the vid. Skip to 1:00. You can see the events leading up to the hit, but basically, the Tiburon stopped at the merge, treating it as a yield instead. The 370z got impatient and was right on the Tib's bumper. After the Tib moves into the next lane, the 370z passes the Tib and gestures to the driver. Tib driver succumbs to road rage and decides to go after the 370z, swerving into my lane without shoulder checking and smacking into me. Pardon my French at the end. (argh)

I haven't uploaded the second part, but the Tib driver tries to get away by moving to the far left lane. I follow him and stop in front of him, and he cuts back across the three lanes to turn right. I follow him to get his license plate. He speeds off doing 100+ in a 70 zone, so instead of continuing pursuit, I head to the police station to file a report. I found out later that the license plate isn't even registered and the car/plate are likely stolen. Yay.

Holy crap that sucks. Honestly, people are douchbags.

Holy crap that sucks. Honestly, people are douchbags.

Yeah. Could have been a lot worse though. I thought for sure that I'd have a big dent in my door/fender based on the sound of the impact. I'm also pretty lucky that I didn't swerve so hard that smacked the curb. The dashcam is a huge benefit, it pretty much guaranteed that my premiums wouldn't be affected and that my deductible would be refunded because the video shows that I'm not liable in any way.

Yeah. Could have been a lot worse though. I thought for sure that I'd have a big dent in my door/fender based on the sound of the impact. I'm also pretty lucky that I didn't swerve so hard that smacked the curb. The dashcam is a huge benefit, it pretty much guaranteed that my premiums wouldn't be affected and that my deductible would be refunded because the video shows that I'm not liable in any way.

Yeah, I never thought about camera but honestly, I think you just sold me on the concept.

Ok here's what I've done to my CX-9 Sig:

1). OEM CX-9 Hood Deflector
2). Center Console Tray by Beautost
3). ACP/AA Upgraded via dealer
4) JL Audio 12" Micro - Subwoofer - less expensive than upgrading speakers, great addition
5). Wind Deflectors - coming soon
6). No Drill Accelerator Brake/Gas Pedals Pad Cover Caps

That's it I'm done for now, Christmas is coming, the car has received all of its gifts...Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas Everyone.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Last edited:
Ok here's what I've done to my CX-9 Sig:

1). OEM CX-9 Hood Deflector
2). Center Console Tray by Beautost
3). ACP/AA Upgraded via dealer
4) JL Audio 12" Micro - Subwoofer - less expensive that upgrading speakers, great addition
5). Wind Deflectors - coming soon
6). No Drill Accelerator Brake/Gas Pedals Pad Cover Caps

That's it I'm done for now, Christmas is coming, the car has received all of its gifts...Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas Everyone.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Hi Azeke,

Regarding the subwoofer, did you remove the OEM subwoofer and just wire the JL sub in it's place? Is the sub still mounted in the spare tire area, or is it mounted in a box in the trunk? Some pictures of your install would be very helpful to me, if you have any.

Thanks

Hi Azeke,

Regarding the subwoofer, did you remove the OEM subwoofer and just wire the JL sub in it's place? Is the sub still mounted in the spare tire area, or is it mounted in a box in the trunk? Some pictures of your install would be very helpful to me, if you have any.

Thanks

Hello sm1ke,

I had it professionally mounted, the Bose OEM subwoofers were bypassed to prevent acoustical issues, i.e. sound wave cancellations. Pics forthcoming.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Hi Azeke,

Thanks

Apologies, having trouble with attaching photos.

Last edited:
This was done on Saturday, but I had the dealer replace the front fender guards (black plastic pieces that run along the wheel wells). A few small gaps have developed over the 11 months that I've had it (see pic).

Guards were replaced under warranty with no hassle from the dealer/service dept. Only negative was how long I had to wait (about an hour and a half).

attachment.php

fender trim.jpg

New wheels are here. They'll get a cheap ceramic coating, then tires will be mounted. They'll be stored away until summer. Can't wait! (flash)

attachment.php

IMG_20181219_161452.jpg

Last edited:
Back