Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your CX-9 today?

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Sorry to hear man, hope the independent mechanic has some better news. I'd be interested in finding out what the heat and the pinging noise was all about.
    It sounds like the rear brake locked up in the closed position, and he drove for a while with the brake locked up. This would've built up the heat and probably caused the disc to warp. The pinging was likely the disc contracting while it was cooling off after he stopped.
    CURRENT MAZDA:
    2017 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD 6AT - Crystal Blue Mica *20" OEM Mazda wheels or 19" ASA GT13 wheels *255/50R20 Falken Ziex CT50 tires or 255/55R19 Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 tires * WeatherTech FloorLiner Mats * Draw-Tite 2" Hitch Receiver * Kuat Sherpa 2.0 Hitch Rack * Thule 460 Podium Feet w/ 50" Crossbars * Thule Force L Cargo Box or Yakima Powderhound Ski Rack * OEM Apple CarPlay/Android Auto

ALSO IN THE DRIVEWAY:

1986 Audi Coupe GT 5MT (the Project Car) | 2001 Saab 9-3 SE Convertible 5MT (the Summer Car) | 2015 Acura MDX Advance (the Mrs.' Car)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN MAZDAS:

2015 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD 6AT | 2014 Mazda6 i Touring 6MT | 2010 Mazda3 S 6MT | 2007 Mazda RX-8 GT 6MT | 2008 Mazda Miata Touring PRHT 6MT | 2006 Mazda Miata Sport 5MT | 2003 Mazda MPV ES 5AT | 2001 Mazda Protege5 5MT | 1999 Mazda Miata 5MT

Registered Member

2016 CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by colnago1331 View Post
    It sounds like the rear brake locked up in the closed position, and he drove for a while with the brake locked up. This would've built up the heat and probably caused the disc to warp. The pinging was likely the disc contracting while it was cooling off after he stopped.
    That is my guess...

Good news however, Mazda decided to pick up the tab.

Registered Member

2016 cx-9 signature

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    That is my guess...

Good news however, Mazda decided to pick up the tab.
    Thats great news!! Although that big brake kit wouldve been nice.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-9 GT

Only had my 2018 CX-9 GT for a month and half but first order of business was a MaxLiner cargo liner.

Picked it over the Weathertech due to price and flexibility. (Itís flexible enough to allow the third row to come up and not crack or break)

Fits well and does the job at a great price ($80 on amazon).

Registered Member

CX-9 GT

Installed driving lights behind the grill of my 2018 GT. Involved completely removing the front bumper, making a bracket and completing the wiring. End result is completley steath and they make quite a difference to night driving.

I'll post a how to guide shortly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wilso_ac; 01-13-2019 at 03:29 AM.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 GS - Deep Crystal Blue Mica

Quote Originally Posted by tke711 View Post
    Only had my 2018 CX-9 GT for a month and half but first order of business was a MaxLiner cargo liner.

Picked it over the Weathertech due to price and flexibility. (It*s flexible enough to allow the third row to come up and not crack or break)

Fits well and does the job at a great price ($80 on amazon).
    $80 is a great price. Did you get the liner and install it yet? Is it as you expected? I was considering MaxLiner due to price but don't know anyone who's got one to speak for fitment and quality.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 GS - Deep Crystal Blue Mica

Quote Originally Posted by wilso_ac View Post
    Installed driving lights behind the grill of my 2018 GT. Involved completely removing the front bumper, making a bracket and completing the wiring. End result is completley steath and they make quite a difference to night driving.

That's a clean looking job there. Well done.

Registered Member

CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by TheDASSMan View Post
    That's a clean looking job there. Well done.
    Thanks!

Registered Member

Mazda CX9 GT

Looks good.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by TheDASSMan View Post
    $80 is a great price. Did you get the liner and install it yet? Is it as you expected? I was considering MaxLiner due to price but don't know anyone who's got one to speak for fitment and quality.
    Itís installed and fits great! Has a nice ďgripĒ to the surface as well to stop things from sliding too bad.

For the price, i think itís excellent!

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Nice work! Install is very clean. Looking forward to your bumper removal how-to, as I'd like to upgrade the my car's horns at some point in the future.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-9 GT

With the Apple CarPlay update installed in my 2018, I was annoyed there wasn't a clean place to leave my iPhone when plugged in. Ended up buying the ProClip mount and really like it. Blends in nicely and keeps the phone in place and in view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOEzLJWiJqk

Registered Member

Mitishi Outlander

Quote Originally Posted by tke711 View Post
    With the Apple CarPlay update installed in my 2018, I was annoyed there wasn't a clean place to leave my iPhone when plugged in. Ended up buying the ProClip mount and really like it. Blends in nicely and keeps the phone in place and in view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOEzLJWiJqk
    Did you do a Dealer installation? If you don't mind how much was it installed ?

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-9 GT

What did you do to your CX-9 today?

Quote Originally Posted by rwcos View Post
    Did you do a Dealer installation? If you don't mind how much was it installed ?
    Iím assuming you mean the CarPlay update as the ProClip was do it yourself.

I just bought the CX 9 a month and a half ago and negotiated the Apple CarPlay update in the deal. So, I either got a good deal or screwed depending how they worked the numbers on me.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast