Hardwire Dash Cam and Backup Cam - ACC wire question

:
Mazda 5/2008
Hi Guys,

This is the first time I post my question here if somebody can help me I will appreciate it.

I have mazda5 2008 and I want to hardwire the dash cam (auto-vox m6) and according to the manual if I want to use the motion detection I need to tap on ACC (accessories) battery (with 12 volts on or off). Now my question is, where I can find the acc fuse I look at my fuse box at near the engine and I swear I can't find the ACC fuse and I went to passenger side for another fuse still I can't find it. Of course I read the diagram printed on the cover of each fuse box.

Reading on the the net it say that I can tap into the ACC wire near the key ignition what color of the acc wire?

Any help/suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
ACC would be on the ignition and also routed to the cd deck.
You can get it from either location, I think it is red. Just check with a volt meter.
I wonder how ACC wire connection affects motion...
If it was me, I'd just wire it into the overhead light and save the time running the wire all around the car.

Hi Vasy,

According to auto-vox m6 manual it needs to have 12 volts on connected to the hardwire kit for the sensor to work but it will not drain the battery. Thanks for the suggestion and I found another article here in the forum regarding going to fuse box but i need to make a hole on the firewall to connect to the fuse using the "add a circuit" and find the fuse with with volts on even the key is not on.

Again thanks for the suggestion/tip.

I'm with Vasy's suggestion. I believe the overhead light can always be turned on, so you can get 12Vdc from there.

Back