2017 AWD - Low tire pressure indicator

skm3489

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD Eternal Blue Mica
Got the chime warning the other day - One tire was ~ 5lbs low, likely due to the extreme cold we're having. Got them all up to 35lbs yesterday but warning still shows on the dash. This normally resets after proper air level reached but is still showing. Anyway to reset this? Also, is there a place where it will show which tire is low or do the CX-5's not have this feature?

Thanks!

You have to do the TPMS reset. I believe you just start the car and press and hold the TPMS button on the left of the steering wheel.
That's how it works on my 16.

Got the chime warning the other day - One tire was ~ 5lbs low, likely due to the extreme cold we're having. Got them all up to 35lbs yesterday but warning still shows on the dash. This normally resets after proper air level reached but is still showing. Anyway to reset this? Also, is there a place where it will show which tire is low or do the CX-5's not have this feature?

Thanks!

Press and hold the button and the light will go away. I'm pretty sure this info is in your owners manual.

Thanks and I'll give it a try. On my daughters '13 it automatically reset itself. And yes, I should have checked manual first!

You have to do the TPMS reset. I believe you just start the car and press and hold the TPMS button on the left of the steering wheel.
That's how it works on my 16.

This button does not exist on the 17s.
Just drive >16mph for 10 min, and it should reset.

This button does not exist on the 17s.
Just drive >16mph for 10 min, and it should reset.

Thanks - i didn't think mine had a reset switch and should have noted that in my relpy to previous respondents. I filled it last night but did not drive it until this morning, and was over 16mph and for ~30min. Will see what it does when i head home today.

I have a ‘17 and had to check the manual for the reset info. The OM is a bit sparse on that end of things but having it reset by itself after correcting is the best solution for most.

I had the same problem just yesterday. After airing the tires, I drove 20 miles to work. The light did not go off and was still on when I headed home after work. About halfway home if finally went off. Temps were around 0 yesterday morning and around 15 yesterday afternoon. So yes, sometimes it just takes time...

I had the same problem just yesterday. After airing the tires, I drove 20 miles to work. The light did not go off and was still on when I headed home after work. About halfway home if finally went off. Temps were around 0 yesterday morning and around 15 yesterday afternoon. So yes, sometimes it just takes time...

Thanks, that's what i figured as well.

I have ALWAYS liked having the physical reset button. They ALWAYS work. The so-called newer approach - drive XX miles at YY speed always is a hit or miss.

Sounds like a stupid idea, drive to reset!

What if you do have a real low pressure?

Last edited:
According to the above posts silly miles were covered before they reset, after putting pressure in.
Unless i mis read.

You didn't mis-read. It took around 50 miles (with the car sitting for over 8 hours in between) before the light reset. My guess is that the cold temps had something to do with it. Maybe the new sensors have issues with the cold (or all the salt and crap that is stuck to the rims). I've read where others are having various issues with cold with their gen 2s, such as rough idling and riding. But I would have never driven the car without checking the pressure and adding air when needed.

The manual also says to turn the ignition on and then off...THEN drive [after you turn it back on, duh].
So if you added air and then just drove without one on/off cycle, maybe it wouldn't work.
These instructions are for recognizing new sensors when you change tires, and I am ASS-U-Ming that it should work for a reset.

Air was added after the light came on. Turned off the engine, added air, started engine and then drove for 20 miles. Car sat for 8 plus hours, started engine and then drove for 10 miles before the light went out. I think there were plenty of starts/stops in there. :(

Back