Definition of: trunk of a car

bmninada

Contributor
:
2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red
I posted this against a separate thread but this warrants a post by itself!!

Just today was in my trusted dealership to hand over my car so that they can finally fix the darn remote start. A lady with an expensive bag and a small dog waits in front of me to take the keys for the loaner car. Upon getting the keys walk away and then I hear a lot of shouting. It seems she was told loaner can't have pets and the only place is in the trunk of the car. So she carefully puts the dog tied to the emblem of the loaner RAV4 in the front and starts to drive off. Upon being stopped she explained and I heard it - you said the trunk of the car, that portion looks like it's the trunk of the car.

And yes - B4 anyone says it - NO she's not from UK who may confuse TRUNK with a dickie/boot/etc.

Last edited:
The trunk's where you transport the stiffs.

I guess it all depends on what the meaning of trunk is. To me, the RAV4 does not have one.

The stealership could have been nicer and laid out some newspaper or something in the back. Criminy, what did they want her to do? Leave the dog with them?

So she carefully puts the dog tied to the emblem of the loaner RAV4 in the front and starts to drive off. Upon being stopped she explained and I heard it - you said the trunk of the car, that portion looks like it's the trunk of the car.

And yes - B4 anyone says it - NO she's not from UK who may confuse TRUNK with a dickie/boot/etc.

So I'm the only one who has absolutely no clue wtf this means? and boot = trunk does it not? WAAT?

Wait you mean like Dinkems in National Lampoons Vacation? She was pulling a Clark Griswald?

#lost

Last edited:
She thought trunk of the car meant the front of the car, as in a RAV 4 as per her it sticks out like a trunk of an elephant. She had no idea what or where the trunk is, in a car. Apparently her husband takes care of the cars.

Na probably an immigrant from one of them shitholes that doesn't want to learn English.

Na probably an immigrant from one of them shitholes that doesn't want to learn English.

Not good. Trust me: she's full American to the bone perhaps 5th. generation. Was even carrying a bag which looked like Hermes bag.

My clearly inappropriate comment was in response to the previous inappropriate comment nothing more thought it was funny..sorry if noone else did...

One of the best things about this board is that we DON'T talk about politics.
I know it's hard these days, but let's try.

I guess it all depends on what the meaning of trunk is. To me, the RAV4 does not have one.

The stealership could have been nicer and laid out some newspaper or something in the back. Criminy, what did they want her to do? Leave the dog with them?

I always just say "I'm throwing it in the back". I don't think I've ever actually called the back of my CX-5 the "trunk".

As for your last sentence, true, but just sounds like an accessory dog to me. Did she need to bring it in the first place? (scratch)

Last edited:
Did she need to bring it in the first place? (scratch)

That's the real problem/issue as far as I'm concerned.
Leave the freekin' dog at home.
I see a woman here with an attitude problem. Treats her little woofer like it's her kid. I hate those kinds of people.
I like dogs, and have had several over the years, but they were not my kids, and I never took them along to go shopping, or when I had to drop off my car at the dealership. Sheesh.

Back