Wiper issues

:
18' CX9 Signature
Anyone had/has issues with their wipers especially the rear one. Since purchasing my CX9 about 3 months ago I noticed that the front wipers are not that smooth compared to my other vehicle which is half the price of the cx9. And this weekend I noticed that my rear wiper was having difficulty especially when the windows aren't that wet. Sometimes it doesn't work at all and had to turn the wiper knob on and off. At times it stops in the middle or doesn't return to it's resting position. I only have 4000 kms on the car.

Sounds like there is an issue with your front wiper rubbers.

Have you cleaned them with a damp cloth gently wiping them from top and bottom to remove any grime (uhm)

Also make sure the camera/sensor area on your windscreen is clean.

You may need to adjust the auto setting for the wipers as well. If it is set to infrequent, the sensor will detect rain drops but not deem it heavy enough to activate.

Hi,
With regards to the front wipers, I did clean it already. I just find it noisier than my other car. And like I said it's brand new. Now about the rear wiper, I think it does have a problem with the motor as it can't handle or perform well when the window isn't that wet. And it doesn't work at time, I had to turn the wiper knobs on and off several times to get it going and it doesn't stop at it's resting point at times a little above it. Thanks

Hi,
With regards to the front wipers, I did clean it already. I just find it noisier than my other car. And like I said it's brand new. Now about the rear wiper, I think it does have a problem with the motor as it can't handle or perform well when the window isn't that wet. And it doesn't work at time, I had to turn the wiper knobs on and off several times to get it going and it doesn't stop at it's resting point at times a little above it. Thanks

Each wiper design is different from manufacturer to manufacturer

With regards to the rear wiper, that doesn't have any sensor and runs as either intermittent or normal.

You could get your dealer's service department to have a look at it

for sure it is still covered under warranty. I will have it checked once I go in for my 1st service. still a long way though. I still have 4K km on it.
Thanks guys

It sounds like some coating is sticky on the glass. The new wipers should be fine. There are some glass cleaner products that remove unseen deposits on the glass. Try a mixture of white vinegar and water...some recommend 1:1, others recommend 3 parts water to 1 part vinegar. Follow with your usual window cleaning product. If that doesn't work, ask at an auto parts store for a glass stripper or heavy duty cleaner product.

-i took the car for its first service and mentioned about the wiper. They said they didnt see any prob but just change the wiper blades. Today it rained and i checked it. Still i doesnt stop at the initial resting spot. It stops about 1-2 inches away. Still really sluggish.

-i took the car for its first service and mentioned about the wiper. They said they didnt see any prob but just change the wiper blades. Today it rained and i checked it. Still i doesnt stop at the initial resting spot. It stops about 1-2 inches away. Still really sluggish.

They should be able to adjust the arm so it stops in the right spot.

But... if they actually replaced the whole arm with a new one, might fix both your issues.

Back