No Android Auto until 2019+

Here is Wiring diagram and the parts needed..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• connection.jpg
    connection.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,615
  • USB.jpg
    USB.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,919
what is the actual cost to have this done at the dealership? I saw some speculations that this will cost $500 for parts/labor

I can't find the parts online.

Where did you source them?

Do you know the part numbers for the cables?

Is there release date for the update?

I am taking the car on a trip at the end of Sept and would like to get this done before we leave.

Sorry, more questions.

Do you know what the circled connectors are for? I am assuming the one with the 1 next to it out the original USB cable? What is the circled port on the back of the AUX hub?Questions.jpeg

Im interested in the new hub and cables if it will allow phones to be charged at a faster rate. Dont care too much about Apple CarPlay. Will this accomplished what Im hoping for?

I*m interested in the new hub and cables if it will allow phones to be charged at a faster rate. Don*t care too much about Apple CarPlay. Will this accomplished what I*m hoping for?

Yes, all you need are the cables and the USB hub.

Here is Wiring diagram and the parts needed..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Do you have links to the kit? How much was it?

Have you installed the kit on the CX-9? How hard of an install is it to pry the old stuff out and install?

Is the firmware something you request from the dealer?

@AdzamOZ: could you please confirm that you have Apple CarPlay up and running with Aux Hub Unit TK78-66-9U0A. Because on M3revolution forum, people say that the correct Aux Hub Unit is TK78-66-9U0C. If you got it up and running with Aux Hub Unit TK78-66-9U0A, it is great!

@AdzamOZ: could you please confirm that you have Apple CarPlay up and running with Aux Hub Unit TK78-66-9U0A. Because on M3revolution forum, people say that the correct Aux Hub Unit is TK78-66-9U0C. If you got it up and running with Aux Hub Unit TK78-66-9U0A, it is great!

I am ASH8...
And no me not personally, but provided AUX Unit is the ORANGE Label TK78, you should be OK, having said that those who have bought the KD USB cables from China have reported issues, I do not think it is the AUX Hub, but perhaps the cables and or perhaps the installation of, you do know that YOU MUST install the NEW FIRMWARE FIRST with the old parts still attached, once you have installed the new 70's Firmware, you then install the new parts. Any other way and it will NEVER work (CP/AA).

Here is my server with instructions..

https://mega.nz/#F!3A0DkA4R!pREP1DJkn0HBqVUolHUbXA

Getting FIRMWARE (Software) will be the issue as it is 'technically' supposed to be done by a Mazda Dealer.

But you order the Parts from Mazda Parts Department.
Mazda Dealers in Europe already are selling Genuine Parts.
For USA and Australia it is September.

Firmware for 70.00.021A EU N (Europe) is already out in the wild at the 3 Rev Forum.

Only a matter if time before it is available for NA N , and 4A N, USA and AU.

AND NO DO NOT INSTALL THE WRONG FIRMWARE.

Check out the link above, I have the CX-9 and ALL Mazda How To install in it.

Mazda Parts Dealer pricing should be pretty reasonable 220.00 Euro, so that is about what $210 USD, I would wait until official release, you only have less than 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Getting FIRMWARE (Software) will be the issue as it is 'technically' supposed to be done by a Mazda Dealer.

But you order the Parts from Mazda Parts Department.
Mazda Dealers in Europe already are selling Genuine Parts.
For USA and Australia it is September.

Firmware for 70.00.021A EU N (Europe) is already out in the wild at the 3 Rev Forum.

Only a matter if time before it is available for NA N , and 4A N, USA and AU.

AND NO DO NOT INSTALL THE WRONG FIRMWARE.

Check out the link above, I have the CX-9 and ALL Mazda How To install in it.

Mazda Parts Dealer pricing should be pretty reasonable 220.00 Euro, so that is about what $210 USD, I would wait until official release, you only have less than 4 weeks.
I looked through the information provided, looks fantastic! Thanks.

Back