Plastic Gear Shift Indicator Lens

:
2002 Mazda Protege DX
Hey everyone,
So, I have an 02 Protege DX and I absolutely love teaching myself how to maintain it mechanically and spruce it up visually. But, there's one little thing that has been irking me and that's that plastic panel with *P R N D 1 2* on it. Not sure the exact name of it, but it's a damn hard piece to replace. Mine is cracked in multiple places, and the light shining through just isn't aesthetically pleasing.
I fear I have to replace the whole assembly, which at this day and age, I find ridiculous! Has no one finagled some sort of work around to this? I suppose I could go to a junkyard and pull one, but I couldn't even find another protege in my local junkyard for a usable dipstick let alone this plastic indicator piece...
Someone... ANYONE! Please help!

Thank you in advance for any help or
advice!

It's the automatic shift indictor. Which type do you have from the photos below?

Type 1:
00807071990003.jpg

Type 2:
mazda-protege-2002-interior-wallpaper-1.jpg

Type 2 should be much easier to replace. Type 1 will require the entire centre console to be removed.

The entire shift indicator panel looks something like this..

NA03-64-350_CDetail.jpg

Yes! The second one is more similar. However, I have taken the center console out just to get to that light bulb. And my shift slider looks different but that's irrelevant. At this point idc what the indicator lens looks like, as long as it fits!

Back