2017~2024 Are options dealer or factory installed?

archer75

:
Ram 2500
On the mazda website it lists several options for the 2018 CX-5 grand touring such as parking sensors. Are these dealer installed options or factory? I have spoken with 2 dealers and gotten different answers from both.

Theyre generally factory options. When you look for a vehicle with certain options they will source it and deliver it. Some times a dealer will get vendors to install extras that arent factory options like a sunroof on cars that dont offer it.

Depends. In my case I wanted remote start and dealer did NOT have it. In addition I also wanted the PZEV certified vehicle. After a small wait I visit the port (I am in NJ) and I saw my car literally being assembled there - i.e. the tires, then the remote start and whatever was required for PZEV ending with a lot of tearing/etc. of films/etc. I have a very strong view that the seats were installed port side since I found few things lying around.
In other words - there's dealer installed, port installed, factory installed. Factory: BEST PORT: BETTER DEALER: GOOD.
Another advantage of port side: the paint doesn't have a single swirl mark.

I know the premium package I want on the grand touring is factory. I expected things like the roof rails to be dealer installed but in the case of the vehicle i'm looking at they are on the window sticker which would mean factory installed.

I've contacted more dealers and continue to get conflicting answers. And a couple dealers said the CX-5's come with the parking sensors and none of them do. I'm also interested in the illuminated door sills and interior lighting kit.

Accessories are dealer installed. Premium package etc is factory installed

Accessories are dealer installed. Premium package etc is factory installed

That is 100% correct. Only if it's a very odd accessory or if the dealer may not have the expertise (new accessory) then it might get port installed.

I know the premium package I want on the grand touring is factory. I expected things like the roof rails to be dealer installed but in the case of the vehicle i'm looking at they are on the window sticker which would mean factory installed.

I've contacted more dealers and continue to get conflicting answers. And a couple dealers said the CX-5's come with the parking sensors and none of them do. I'm also interested in the illuminated door sills and interior lighting kit.

My CX-5 has rear parking sensors that were specified on the window sticker. It was one of the options we wanted and there were very few that had that option installed.

My CX-5 has rear parking sensors that were specified on the window sticker. It was one of the options we wanted and there were very few that had that option installed.

All depends on the country.

Rear parking sensors here are standard across the range and therefore are installed at the factory in Japan.

Front parking sensors are standard on Touring, GT & Akera. These are installed at the factory in Japan.

To get front parking sensors on bottom 2 models (Maxx & Maxx Sport), these are dealer installed accessories here in Oz.

Last edited:
One thing's for sure, Pinstripes are dealer and they add it to the price :)

Here in Oz, all the accessories listed below are done by the dealer prior to purchase payment and pick up:

2hp4mqt.jpg

v3lp8k.jpg

2lt50fc.jpg

2d0nfnp.jpg

dykq9t.jpg

Firstly, for US market all optional “packages” are factory installed. Secondly, all genuine Mazda accessories, such as Rear Parking Sensors and Remote Engine Start, are mostly dealer installed but some can be installed at the port by dealer or customer’s request. These port-installed accessories will be listed on the official Mazda window sticker but dealer-installed accessories won’t.

Notice that the rear parking sensors mentioned above in US market are an old-style、stand-alone system which is totally different from those integrated front/rear parking sensor system found in all other regions.

Aussie market optional package went away in the 2016 model update

Optional package was called Safety Pack which included:

• Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
  • Rear-view mirror with auto dimming function
  • Smart City Brake Support [Forward] (SCBS F)
If this was selected at time of purchase, then these were added at the factory in Japan.

Now no such factory option adding exists for Aussie market.

Firstly, for US market all optional packages are factory installed. Secondly, all genuine Mazda accessories, such as Rear Parking Sensors and Remote Engine Start, are mostly dealer installed but some can be installed at the port by dealer or customers request. These port-installed accessories will be listed on the official Mazda window sticker but dealer-installed accessories wont.

Notice that the rear parking sensors mentioned above in US market are an old-style、stand-alone system which is totally different from those integrated front/rear parking sensor system found in all other regions.

they are on the window sticker which would mean factory installed.

Not necessarily, my cx-5 had options listed on the window sticker that were not installed, but they were included with the car, the parts were bagged up just sitting in the back.

Not necessarily, my cx-5 had options listed on the window sticker that were not installed, but they were included with the car, the parts were bagged up just sitting in the back.

Correct. My window sticker reads (in addition)

1. Remote start. Installed: no. Had it port side installed.
2. All weather floor mats: Installed:No. Port side handed it over to me and offered to put it in. [In 99.9% of the cases - dealer delivery has its installed/in trunk]
3. Rear bumper protector: Port side installed. [In 99.9% of the cases - dealer delivery has its installed/in trunk]
and few more.

1 important thing though: Any accessories bought when buying the car auto attaches to itself the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. Bought later: NO.

Back