Welcome to the Mazda Family Kit

Should come with printed owners manual, service manual

I've always gotten an owner's manual with every new vehicle I've ever bought or leased, but I have NEVER gotten a service manual. You gotta pay extra for them!

Something like a 20-25% off on a accessory coupon would be nice. Not too many automaker presidents send you a letter even if it’s a form one. So it was a nice touch for me but a coupon or something usable would really make it a top notch kit.

I've always gotten an owner's manual with every new vehicle I've ever bought or leased, but I have NEVER gotten a service manual. You gotta pay extra for them!

Service book I mean.

This is what came with my Mazda 6 and I should receive something similar when I get the CX-5.

Note: The welcome package is separate to this.

23ijryd.jpg

24eqatd.jpg

I got that kit, I was impressed with the quality. Nice touch but, other than a 'feel good' about Mazda, not really useful.

That is the point. If they wanted to send you something useful, they would charge for it

Service book I mean.

This is what came with my Mazda 6 and I should receive something similar when I get the CX-5.
Ah, but of course.

What are you driving in the meantime, and how do you like it?

Ah, but of course.

What are you driving in the meantime, and how do you like it?

2008 BK Series II Mazda 3.

Does the job but it's noisy, bit small for my height and drinks like a 6 cylinder

Last edited:
I think I got mine about 2-3 months after purchase. They should really throw in a keychain at some point or something. Beautiful packaging though.

I also got 2 key chains from dealer. My Mazda kit came after about 4 months. Had 1st. service free coupon (used up), 1 exterior detailing coupon (used up) and now left with 2 other coupons - free wash. Other than that had some transparent stickers with Mazda emblem no idea what to do with it. The box was nice though. Black thick cardboard.
Currently - my new anger is - they stopped sending the physical zoom-zoom magazine. Now its a e-copy over email. C'mon Mazda.

I also got 2 key chains from dealer. My Mazda kit came after about 4 months. Had 1st. service free coupon (used up), 1 exterior detailing coupon (used up) and now left with 2 other coupons - free wash. Other than that had some transparent stickers with Mazda emblem no idea what to do with it. The box was nice though. Black thick cardboard.
Currently - my new anger is - they stopped sending the physical zoom-zoom magazine. Now its a e-copy over email. C'mon Mazda.

I get it electronically as well.

No issue for me though.

You dont get an owners manual with a 17 over here. They give you an abridged quick start guide and you go online for the manual. It makes some sense and it probably saves them a small fortune.

You don’t get an owners manual with a 17 over here. They give you an abridged “quick start guide” and you go online for the manual. It makes some sense and it probably saves them a small fortune.
I wish I could get an electronic version to download. But they don't do it here :(

Wonder if this is a US thing... I'll just wait for abit then if they will send something up here in the North. I could use some more fuel for the fireplace :p ...

This is likely a US thing...here in Cda we do get a nice surprise from Mazda Cda - a Tile key chain with Mazda logo on it and a personalized letter and other pertinent info (roadside assistance, etc) inside a nice black case (of course with a Mazda logo on it) with velcro seal. I purchased my new vehicle in Dec '16 and got the package Jan '17

When I purchase my CX-5 in the next few months, I'll see if Mazda Australia still sends out a welcome kit and I'll try to remember to post a photo of the stuff.

Back