Welcome to the Mazda Family Kit

Kirkster

:
2017 CX-5
Was suprized to receive in the mail yesterday a very nice "welcome to the Mazda family" kit. It was addressing my new CX-5 purchase and also came with coupons for discounted accessory purchases. I just wanted to mention it because I though it was a classy touch. My previous car was a brand new $80k Mercedes and I got nothing. Zoom....Zoom.

How long after you purchased? I just purchase beginning of December and have not received anything like this.

Think Mazda sent me a kit with an interior dusting cloth when I bought my 6

My kit came with coupons and the official Mazda Magazine every time it comes out. Zoom Zoom mag I think its called.

We got one in the mail the other day. Bought our CX-5 on the day after Thanksgiving.

It's a pretty classy looking little package. Sadly though, nothing we could use. Would have preferred an owner's manual quite frankly.

It must depend on the dealership if someone get the owners manual or not. We got one in its own folding holder along with quick start guide etc. Its quite large. I also downloaded the OM onto my iPhone.

As for the kit, no coupons but I got some Apple-like stickers.

It must depend on the dealership if someone get the owners manual or not. We got one in its own folding holder along with quick start guide etc. Its quite large. I also downloaded the OM onto my iPhone.

As for the kit, no coupons but I got some Apple-like stickers.

Over here it's Mazda HQ that sends out stuff

It's been over 7 months and I got nothing
4 1/2 months for me, and no welcome kit.
Or maybe I got it months ago, and don't remember it because it was just a pile of marketing fluff.

We got one in the mail the other day. Bought our CX-5 on the day after Thanksgiving.

It's a pretty classy looking little package. Sadly though, nothing we could use. Would have preferred an owner's manual quite frankly.

Are you somehow conflating the welcome kit with the owner's manual? Every car should come with a printed owner's manual. You should ask your dealer why you didn't get one!

My dealer handed mine to me while I was waiting on the finance guys, and made a big point of showing me section 4. I skimmed a lot of it before I ever drove off the lot.

pretty sure i got one, and it went straight into the recycling bin after ~10 seconds. nice thick fancy paper and all, but the $$ to produce could have been better spent on other things....

4 1/2 months for me, and no welcome kit.
Or maybe I got it months ago, and don't remember it because it was just a pile of marketing fluff.

Are you somehow conflating the welcome kit with the owner's manual? Every car should come with a printed owner's manual. You should ask your dealer why you didn't get one!

My dealer handed mine to me while I was waiting on the finance guys, and made a big point of showing me section 4. I skimmed a lot of it before I ever drove off the lot.
Should come with printed owners manual, service manual

Wonder if this is a US thing... I'll just wait for abit then if they will send something up here in the North. I could use some more fuel for the fireplace :p ...

I got that kit, I was impressed with the quality. Nice touch but, other than a 'feel good' about Mazda, not really useful.

Nope, not at all - Glove compartment was empty when we finally got the car (see the other thread about dealer experiences). I'm NOT at all interested to go back to the dealership any time soon, at least before the first oil change. I'm sure they'd make it a multiple hour ordeal just to give me the manual. I've since downloaded the manual to my work computer. Not very convenient but it served the purpose.

Nope, not at all - Glove compartment was empty when we finally got the car (see the other thread about dealer experiences). I'm NOT at all interested to go back to the dealership any time soon, at least before the first oil change. I'm sure they'd make it a multiple hour ordeal just to give me the manual. I've since downloaded the manual to my work computer. Not very convenient but it served the purpose.

Sounds like you could use a new dealer!

Back