[DEFUNCT] The College-Budget P5

Damn, man that sucks to hear :( I guess that's part of the challenges of driving older, less popular cars. Did there end up being frame damage at all?

Best of luck with whatever platform you end up choosing, if the level of detail and research that went in to your P5 is anything to go by, it'll be well worth the wait

If there’s no frame damage and you have a place to store it for a few years, but it back. You’ll have a car ready to turn into a dedicated track vehicle for cheap.

If there’s no frame damage and you have a place to store it for a few years, but it back. You’ll have a car ready to turn into a dedicated track vehicle for cheap.

I unfortunately already surrendered the P5. I still don't have my own place, so I have no place to store it. P5s are incredibly cheap, I've found, and I may as well be able to buy another one a few years down the line for round two at a build. Fingers crossed they're not all rusted away by then!

Damn, man that sucks to hear :( I guess that's part of the challenges of driving older, less popular cars. Did there end up being frame damage at all?

Best of luck with whatever platform you end up choosing, if the level of detail and research that went in to your P5 is anything to go by, it'll be well worth the wait

It definitely is part of the challenge. It's certainly not some Sunbeam roadster in terms of pricing and parts availability, but it was nonetheless a money pit. A fun one, though :^)

There was, to my knowledge, no frame damage. That bit of information first pushed me to try and keep it, but the fear of the car failing on me in the future convinced me otherwise. I didn't go into detail, but the two greatest factors for me letting go of it revolved around the piston rings and valve seals. I had to admit to myself that my car smoked more and more in the most recent months, and cutting my losses with it now might've been the only way to avoid yet another economic catastrophe.

Man, you flatter me lol! Glad my build could be interesting to you. However, whatever I buy next is most likely going to remain unmolested, at least engine-wise. I know that modding bug's going to bite me again, but I'll be damned if I forget my bugspray...maybe at most, wheels + tires + suspension, but I digress...

I'll be lurking, especially for your build. That supercharger's going to be so sick!

Sale Thread:

They're all money pits man. It's kind of a choose your own adventure book once you choose the car lol.

Take care man and best of luck in your future. Terrible way to end the year but just means that there are other things to come your way.

Sorry to hear the news man. Hope to still see you around! Best of luck with school, it's hard to believe I graduated almost a year ago. Syd mentioned we started our last semester a year ago. s*** had me in awe.

Dang man, this is a sad update. Hopefully we'll see another pro5 build from you in the next couple years, loved the direction your build was going in. At least your getting a decent amount back, my clapped out wagon got appraised for 2400 lol. Good luck with your next projects and hope to see you back on the build pages

Back