It would only go up or left, not down or right, so I took it apart to see if I could fix it.




























Once I got to this point I realized it wasn't coming apart any further without breaking it or some serious plastic surgery...

I was thinking it was just a bad connection on the contacts of the switch but it turns out that it got wet over the years from rain and melting snow getting in and it and corroded the pin connecting one surface of the circuit board to the other.

So I gave up and used the one from my parts car...
Oh well... Its a non-user serviceable part anyway... I would have tried harder but I had a spare.