Window lock button illuminated?

:
2016 CX-9 GT
I do not have backlighting on the window lock button of my 2016 CX9. Is this normal or does is mine broken?
Thanks for your input.

I do not have backlighting on the window lock button of my 2016 CX9. Is this normal or does is mine broken?
Thanks for your input.

are you referring to the LED backlighting found by the rear door handle? If you are then yes only the front ones are lighted while the rear doors aren't.

Nope, I was trying describe the button the driver can push so that none of the passengers can roll the windows up or down.

Oh...now i get what you're referring to. I don't think the button is illuminated...my prev suv (Volvo) had that button illuminated and seems Mazda has cheapened out on little details like that. Even the door-light function switch on the overhead console isn't lighted! Oh well...

Thanks for your input.

They are not illuminated and neither are the steering wheel stocks. This is definitely a shortcoming (and a bewildering one at that!) Mazda needs to fix and in a hurry. If its luxury, then such illumination is appropriate. I was rather taken back when I first discovered the lack thereof.

Yep, I was also a little disappointed to see that. Have to manage expectations though, little things like this are why the CX-9 is so much lower in price than the competition. I used to think that things like an electronic telescoping steering wheel, passenger side seat memory and side mirror heaters were necessities on my IS250, but after driving a base model 2006 Civic for the past three years, you start to realize what's really important to you.

Hopefully the competition will look into lowering their prices a little bit to compete with the CX-9, which will force Mazda to implement more of the little things we're missing to retain the value advantage.

Back