2017 bose spare tire woofer question ---> Will it fit in 2016?

xwedge

:
Mazda CX-5 2016 Touring AWD with Bose/Tech
Anyone know if the 2017+ Bose subwoofer, which sits in the spare tire, fits in the previous gen CX-5 spare tire?

That's me lol :)

Anyway, I buckled down and did a real install.

Alpine MRV-M250 paired with an old school image dynamics idq10v2 in a sealed box that I had laying around. I also have an IDMAX10v2 and phoenix gold xenon 600.1 but don't think the baby will appreciate it too much.

One of these days, I'll buckle down and have a shop make me a spare tire enclosure, but for now, this suits my needs just fine.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Lol :). Something custom made would be nice. Something like the Jeep all weather sub. Exept we dont need it to all weather. Just a good grill to protect it.

Attachments

• 60F90714-2CC4-4AFC-80DE-C62093A3C040.jpeg
    60F90714-2CC4-4AFC-80DE-C62093A3C040.jpeg
    13.2 KB · Views: 225
Powered and running off the stock connection found in the spare tire wheel well?

IskiE

Do you have anymore information about how to do this? I have a 2016.5 with bose and I'm not sure what I'll need (eg. cables) besides the subwoofer itself. TIA

You're probably better off installing the PAC and an aftermarket amp/sub.

That's what I ended up doing (I have 2016 with Blose).

The "box" is the spare wheel, that is sealed with a 6" rubber seal and an aluminum plate over it. Bolted down to the car, by a hex head screw. Amp is under the driver seat.

Back