Mazda 5 2014 2nd row seat not folding

:
Mazda 5 Sport 2014
So I've been driving a 2009 Mazda 5 for a few years, great car until someone blew a stop sign and smashed into me, totaling the car. RIP car =(
I recently bought a 2014 Mazda 5 Sport. The interior wasn't too well cared for, mostly in the back row, but runs great otherwise (much more zip than the 2009 GT version)

Anyhow, the 2nd row seat, driver's side, doesn't have a pull tab to lift/unlock the bottom of the seat. I can't get this to lift up at all.
So 2 questions:
1 - Both 2nd row seats in the 2014 mazda sport are supposed to fold down/have storage under them, right?
2 - If yes to #1, any suggestions on what to try to get it to lift?

It'd make no sense if my 2009 seats folded, but the 2014 was made to only have one side fold down, so I'm assuming that it is supposed to.

So 2 questions:
1 - Both 2nd row seats in the 2014 mazda sport are supposed to fold down/have storage under them, right?
2 - If yes to #1, any suggestions on what to try to get it to lift?

I have had my 2012 since new. Same as your 2014 body style.

1) Both second row seats fold down. Under the passenger side, is where the cupholder etc go into, which can also fold out to be between the seat.

2) Sorry I have the strap in mine to pull. Not sure how it would come out otherwise, since I believe thats the lock.

No problem, thank you for verifying. my 2009 mazda5 had both seats fold down, so I couldnt see it not being the same format. I might have to disassemble the seat entirely to get to the lock and make a new strap for the lock. Fun times ahead. =p

Was it salvaged or wrecked previously? I went down and checked the strap. Hard to figure how that part would be missing! Good luck

No, clean title, it was in a few fender benders, but nothing major otherwise on the carfax. The previous owners must have been animals, and ripped it out or something when trying to open it

Back