Toyota, Mazda to build $1.6 billion auto plant in Alabama

Visions of Michael Keaton and George Wendt in Gung Ho- a must see if you haven't.. (so a bit fearful of quality maybe suffering at first) but long-term its a positive imo.

Here, here and here..not herehherhehrhehere!! Great underappreciated 80s flick.

Longdukdong rules!

Last edited:
Good God. It can only be the USA. (Cue Duelling Banjos). I wonder if JimBob and RubySue were involved. Those Hogs were sure a'squealin' last nite...(poke)(silly)(rofl2)

There's a ton of auto plants in that area of Alabama and Georgia. Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes... Suppliers also.

If you are talking about the NHTSA info, it appears to have been a mistake. Gone.

Dangit..I was pulling for (and would have strongly considered) that one! Nice opportunity lost:(

Last edited:
Dangit..I was pulling for (and would have strongly considered) that one! Nice opportunity lost:(

I as well. I want Mazda to bring the 6wagon to the US (and Canada too). I also want it to come with a manual trans, unlike the last wagon they offered in the early 2000s. AWD would only be a bonus.

In any case, the only brand to offer a/the wagon I want is VW; which is okay as I drive one of their 2004 products. I'm going for either a Golf Sport Wagen S FWD/6spd or GSW S w/4motion/6spd. In either case, it will be the 'S' [base] trim and three pedals. So, no lux features as far as VW is concerned.

I wonder in what quantity the 6wagon is sold in Japan? Does anyone have that information?

With the right pricing, i.e. same as the Sedan, I say bring it over and let consumers make the choice. Also, the 6wagon can be Touring and above to give more incentive to buy and that way there are not any poverty spec base Sport trims languishing on dealer lots.

Back