Would these particular tires fit on my 2015 CX-5 Touring?

Thanks for the in-depth comment, it was really helpful and explained some stuff I was a bit lost on before.

So when you say "not the best choice, but it's doable".. what are some problems we could run into with fitting those tires on a 7"? Just looked a the Falken Wildpeaks, but if we had to buy those and 8" rims, it would take us way over budget.

We're considering just going for the 225 BFGoodrich KO2s.

Basically the general rule of thumb is as follows, for every 1/2" change in rim width the tires section width will change by 2/10". So running a 245 tire on a 7" rim is going to give you a slightly smaller section width of the tire. It's completely doable since your 7" wide rims fall within specs for the tire. The only down side may be a slight loss of lateral stability because of the extra stress on the side walls being forced in slightly more on the narrower rim. I doubt you would notice it in daily driving and it might be welcomed when going off road as it would feel a bit more supple. There are a few cases where manufacturers spec a tire on their car that are just outside the recommended width range such as BMW and some M3 models that get 235/40/R17 tires on 17x7.5" rims which is 0.5" narrower then recommended by the tire manufacture.

If you can live with the speedo being off by 2.5Mph faster with the new size at 70mph. If you speedo reads 70mph you'll actually be going 72.5mph then there is no reason why that tire size won't work for you. Others have run that same tire size and haven't reported back about hating it or regretting their decision.

A 245/65R17 would fit on a 7" rim no problem. Source: I'm a professionally trained tire installer for a large corporation.

Back