A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5

Does anyone know if the memory function for the driver's seat also controls the (side) mirrors? You'd think Mazda would mention it if so, but I've seen other brands not mention it even though it is included. Pretty easy to include when you already have electric mirrors.

Does anyone know if the memory function for the driver's seat also controls the (side) mirrors? You'd think Mazda would mention it if so, but I've seen other brands not mention it even though it is included. Pretty easy to include when you already have electric mirrors.

Sorry it doesn't.

Agreed, Lexus has trashed their brand with transformer, predator mouth styling. WTF were they thinking?

People flock to LEXUS because it’s a LEXUS. Just like many buy a BMW because it’s a revered brand, not because “how it drives“ or how “they drive” but because they look good in it.

People flock to LEXUS because it’s a LEXUS. Just like many buy a BMW because it’s a revered brand, not because “how it drives“ or how “they drive” but because they look good in it.

Lexus drives like a Toyota (rofl)

My parents recently spent over $2,000 to replace the steering rack on their 2010 RAV4. Then they spent ~$1,600 replacing the charcoal canister. Both went after their CPO warranty had expired. There have been other repairs as well.

This is their first, and last Toyota!

Wow, I did not know this was an issue. We spent almost that for our leaking steering rack on our Sienna mini-van. The timing chain replacement and water pump costs did not help make me a fan of Toyota either.

I'd never, ever buy leatherette in ANY car. My family comes from a long line of leather treatment knowledge, etc. and in cars - its just not worth it. Either good fabric or leather will beat any leatherette any time after 4 years. This is even for newest leatherette in the market except for 2 instances: a particular type which is used in very small batches (as extremely tough to get a long run) and another - for extreme cold conditions ONLY and disintegrates in hot.
The fog lights are actually a joke anyways. I have them and they are useless. The only real value add as I see it are the illuminated door knobs but I fixed it a long time back by putting Iridescent tape cut into tiny strips on top of each button and works very well.

For a higher trim level like Touring or Grand Touring:

1. No interior accent lighting
  2. No well calibrated memory seats (HUD/side mirrors)
  3. No headlight/side mirror washers
  4. Don't think they have 360 view available
  5. No front parking sensors
  6. Rather incomplete set of connectivity options especially in rear seats
  7. No factory options for rear seat entertainment
  8. No integrated traffic
  9. No Apple Airplay / Google
  10. No 110V outlet
  11. No massaging seat option (driver side)

I'd never, ever buy leatherette in ANY car. My family comes from a long line of leather treatment knowledge, etc. and in cars - its just not worth it. Either good fabric or leather will beat any leatherette any time after 4 years. This is even for newest leatherette in the market except for 2 instances: a particular type which is used in very small batches (as extremely tough to get a long run) and another - for extreme cold conditions ONLY and disintegrates in hot.
The fog lights are actually a joke anyways. I have them and they are useless. The only real value add as I see it are the illuminated door knobs but I fixed it a long time back by putting Iridescent tape cut into tiny strips on top of each button and works very well.

For a higher trim level like Touring or Grand Touring:

1. No interior accent lighting
  2. No well calibrated memory seats (HUD/side mirrors)
  3. No headlight/side mirror washers
  4. Don't think they have 360 view available
  5. No front parking sensors
  6. Rather incomplete set of connectivity options especially in rear seats
  7. No factory options for rear seat entertainment
  8. No integrated traffic
  9. No Apple Airplay / Google
  10. No 110V outlet
  11. No massaging seat option (driver side)

We are getting 360 Camera on our top spec here when 2018 update is released circa April/May of this year
Don't really need headlamp washers
Front sensors standard here from Touring upwards

Decided to go to my Mazda dealer and check out 2018 Mazda CX-5 a bit yesterday afternoon ⋯
Went back to my Mazda dealer this afternoon again to verify several things I forgot to look at. No, the LED headlights are still tied to Signature LED DRLs on GT; and theres no glove compartment light and courtesy lights.

And on Touring it does come with full set of i-ActivSense Package, including Mazda Radar Cruise Control. This means 2018 CX-5 Touring has last-years optional Touring i-ActivSense Package standard. Now you can have both packages including Preferred Equipment Package from last year model which we couldnt do for 2017 CX-5 Touring. The seat material on 2018 CX-5 Touring is the same as 2017s, Leatherette/Lux Suede Upholstery.

LED headlights also serve as DRLs:
attachment.php

Illuminated one-touch open/close power window switch on right-rear door:
attachment.php

The grain and quality on 2018 GTs leather seat is different from my 2016s. It looks and feels like the real leather and thicker, but the leather on my 2016 CX-5 looks and feels like synthetic.
attachment.php

2018 CX-5 Touring comes with Mazda Radar Cruise Control standard indicated by the larger Mazda emblem on front grille. Missing Signature LED DRLs and front fog lights is the only hint that thiss a Touring as the 19 GT wheels are now standard on Touring:
attachment.php

View attachment 218145View attachment 218146View attachment 218147View attachment 218148

The fog lights are meant to illuminate the pavement directly in front of the vehicle to show the fog line mainly and the centerline. They are not supposed to nor can they pierce fog since no light can do that without blinding oncoming traffic. I have used them in the fog and they are adequate albeit not the brightest. In addition they give my vehicle more visibility to others. I use them so others can see me.

I had no issues with the led fog lights on my previous 2015 Mazda 6. Used them mainly when it was raining (not that much foggy days here)

We are getting 360 Camera on our top spec here when 2018 update is released circa April/May of this year
Don't really need headlamp washers
Front sensors standard here from Touring upwards
Or...Aude mirror washers? What car has those? Massaging seat? Uh...no.
Agree with previous post except using fogs to be seen by others. If someone can't see you coming with our brighter then the sun LEDs, the figs aren't helping..🤣

Agree with previous post except using fogs to be seen by others. If someone can't see you coming with our brighter then the sun LEDs, the figs aren't helping..��

The fog lights are very small compared to previous halogen ones

Agree with previous post except using fogs to be seen by others. If someone can't see you coming with our brighter then the sun LEDs, the figs aren't helping..🤣

Maybe so. It’s a old habit for me to turn lights on so others can see me. Way too many drivers have nothing on which is dangerous in my opinion. This is my first new car since 2000 so led lights are new to me.

Back