A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5

I had after market mud flaps - removed them (after I lost a couple) and put OEM. My MPG improved slightly - no idea why. Those OEM flaps look small but they catch a helluva lot of stuff. No drop in MPG

You guys get snow/mud etc right (uhm) Over here, its mainly rain puddles so don't think it will make much of a difference.

Wind visors - make 200% sure to put OEM. The stick on create a lot of wind noise. The OEMs are pricey but they sit so flush its terrific. No extra wind noise.

They are going to be OEM and am used to extra wind noise as I had them on my recently sold 6.

Suggestion: Get a moof roof deflector. OEM only. Again no idea why - but after putting it on my MPG has actually increased. For a commute in summer I averaged around 24 mpg but after putting it on I consistently got around .5 mpg more.

OEM (uhm)

...Get a moof roof deflector....

Yeah, gotta watch out for those moofs - a sure sign that there are dog-cows near by and your MPG will really take a hit if they aren't deflected.

moof.jpg

Moonroof (or more accurately sunroof) reflector might increase some noise inside

Moonroof (or more accurately sunroof) reflector might increase some noise inside

Yes but any leads as to why MPG improved slightly? Of course I might be mistaken.... but I do like it that I crack the roof a bit during good weather. My son (10 years) loves it, gets fresh air inside (not for looks) in the rear.

You guys get snow/mud etc right (uhm) Over here, its mainly rain puddles so don't think it will make much of a difference.

They are going to be OEM and am used to extra wind noise as I had them on my recently sold 6.

OEM (uhm)

No - the OEM ones do not have wind noise, the after market ones - have and its quite noticeable.

Getting the factory mud flaps next week, purely for looks. I'm vain.
I still want those light up sills. Someday...

Same with me -- they are so darn costly though.

Inside : I do like the all weather mats : they are very thick and solid. Best I have seen. 1 big advantage if bought along with the think trunk all weather - does reduce cabin noise. The only other accessory (inside) I find useful is the trunk divider but its very costly.

Yes but any leads as to why MPG improved slightly? Of course I might be mistaken.... but I do like it that I crack the roof a bit during good weather. My son (10 years) loves it, gets fresh air inside (not for looks) in the rear.
Better aerodynamics perhaps...

It's very annoying to see these additions made after I bought one 4 to 5 months ago.

It was weird to have the highest trim level without even having power passenger seats standard for the GT model and honestly memory seats should have been standard also.

Same with me -- they are so darn costly though.

Inside : I do like the all weather mats : they are very thick and solid. Best I have seen. 1 big advantage if bought along with the think trunk all weather - does reduce cabin noise. The only other accessory (inside) I find useful is the trunk divider but its very costly.

If anyone wants OEM Mazda accessories which are indeed very expensive I would recommend taking a look at eBay UK before going to SE Asia or Japan. With the pound a bit low I have seen accessories priced at $220 which from Australia / Japan etc. would be 300 up. It could ofcourse be sellers clearing out their last items. My check was for 2016. 2017 guys may need to wait 4 or 5 months.

It's very annoying to see these additions made after I bought one 4 to 5 months ago.

It was weird to have the highest trim level without even having power passenger seats standard for the GT model and honestly memory seats should have been standard also.
Decision made by your HQ. Over here, everything is standard on the highest trim

Welcome to the car biz! Same as it ever was.

I don't want to hear it. I could've had a HUD had i waited 5 months.

I don't want to hear it. I could've had a HUD had i waited 5 months.

I wait a year and I will get 360 camera.

It's always the case more so than before that the do minor spec updates much more quickly than before

Whoa ... my battery needs filling? Distilled water?

My battery was low, came into dealership to purchase a new one. They covered it under warranty...with a new one with a new warranty.

At this rate I'll just keep getting new panasonic batteries at the dealership covered under warranty. My aftermarket amp/subowoofer must be draining the battery a bit sooner :)

Back