A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5

Why can't they make it voice controlled? They already have VR and have the ability to name the windows. Problem solved.
"Crystal - go down"
..... (cheerbanana)

That’s if you can find the switch in the dark. [emoji38][emoji38]

Right next to the lighted one.....????

Don't get me wrong, the auto up/down would be nice for more than just the driver window, but my god it's not the end of the world some would make it out to be.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but looks like this dealer has got it wrong:

As per Mazda USA Brochure:

000.jpg

Also confirmed here on official Mazda USA site (Pages 5, 11 & 17):

2018 MAZDA CX5 FEATURES SPECS

Looks like you guys are still getting ripped off I'm afraid.

At the top of that SPEC page it says that this is the SPORT model, which is the bottom of the line here in USA.

At the top of that SPEC page it says that this is the SPORT model, which is the bottom of the line here in USA.

Yes I know but the bottom spec is where all the features are listed in detail, then the Touring says Includes the following features in addition to or in place of CX-5 Sport: and the Grand Touring says Includes the following features in addition to or in place of CX-5 Touring: and none say non-driver one-touch open/close power windows with anti-pinch capability and illuminated switches

Scroll through to the pages I've highlighted and see for yourself. All say:

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
52 saw one with it in didn’t he?

Wasn't in action I believe (windows being used although I could be wrong). The sign in the car window is also wrong.

Unless - Mazda North America have completely stuffed up with their brochure and features spec. Possible (uhm) yes but unlikely.

Lol!
Although the point was made, that's clearly the Sport. Maybe the higher trims have it?

I've addressed the Sport point above

Nope. See the link to the features brochure above and I've listed the specific pages

Last edited:
Copy that. Missed your follow up. Believe you. I don't care enough to look. LOL. I can't believe not having this feature really annoys some people.

Copy that. Believe you. I don't care enough to look. LOL. I can't believe not having this feature really annoys some people.

Fair enough :)

My whole issue is uniformity - all features available in all countries.

Do agree with that. I want those headlights they have in Japan. And the folding mirrors. Actually useful features.

Why can't they make it voice controlled? They already have VR and have the ability to name the windows. Problem solved.
"Crystal - go down"
..... (cheerbanana)

Nah, prefer gestures:

Wave hand downwards, window goes down.
Wave hand upwards, window goes up.

(rofl2)

Checked Canada's website specs as well and no auto up/down for all windows either but buttons are illuminated:

00.jpg

Fuel consumption figures for Canada have gone down:

2017 model:

2017.jpg

2018 model:

2018a.jpg

Back