A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5

Why - don't ask for it. I did it and got beaten up here. How? The response was: use gloves, store them in that "same name" compartment.

It’s like any other tech feature, you don’t miss until you try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yrwei- can you confirm auto up for non-driver windows?..reviews said auto down only other than driver GRRR!

It’s like any other tech feature, you don’t miss until you try it.

agreed. esp. now (this weather). After driving my friend's Macan and going back to CX-5 the 3 things I miss - memory seats, active suspension and heated steering wheel. I don't drive sprited too much so don't really miss the @#@$% performance stuff @ Macan. What I don't miss: Ya: CX-5 is 1/2 the price.

One-touch Open/close Power Windows with Anti-pinch Function and Illuminated Switches

Yrwei- can you confirm auto up for non-driver windows?..reviews said auto down only other than driver GRRR!
Yeah, I can confirm it. Not only I had a visual but also Id tried them on 2018 CX-5 GT and Touring. For Mazda if theres an illuminated light on power window switch, that window has one-touch open-close feature. I also checked anti-pinch function coming with one-touch open-close feature on all 4 windows and moonroof, they all worked as intended.

A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5 - Post #1
One-touch open/close power windows with anti-pinch capability and illuminated switches for all windows:
attachment.php

A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5 -Post #91
Illuminated one-touch open/close power window switch on right-rear door:
attachment.php

My CX-5 has driver memory seat, and 2017 has heated wheel.

CX-5 doesn't need active suspension, those things cost a fortune to repair.
agreed. esp. now (this weather). After driving my friend's Macan and going back to CX-5 the 3 things I miss - memory seats, active suspension and heated steering wheel. I don't drive sprited too much so don't really miss the @#@$% performance stuff @ Macan. What I don't miss: Ya: CX-5 is 1/2 the price.

Yeah, I can confirm it. Not only I had a visual but also I‘d tried them on 2018 CX-5 GT and Touring. For Mazda if there’s an illuminated light on power window switch, that window has one-touch open-close feature. I also checked anti-pinch function coming with one-touch open-close feature on all 4 windows and moonroof, they all worked as intended.

A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5 - Post #1
One-touch open/close power windows with anti-pinch capability and illuminated switches for all windows:
attachment.php

A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5 -Post #91
Illuminated one-touch open/close power window switch on right-rear door:
attachment.php

This is GREAT, GREAT job. You have not only given the differences but actually captured photos too. Wow!! A quick question - moon/sun/space roof (duh?) does it auto - close when power switched off? Asking as the dealer said yes - for 2018 but am sure being that scam Man'ttan dealer probably not right.
I have had 2 instances where it was left open accidentally and I come back to a pool of water/leaves and all other crap. Now - I have a tape on the steering wheel reminding me to double check. Resulted in pretty expensive interior detailing in 1 case. My friend (same CX-5) had it 100 times bad when a group of squirrels entered. Guess what they did with the leather/etc.

This is GREAT, GREAT job. You have not only given the differences but actually captured photos too. Wow!! A quick question - moon/sun/space roof (duh?) does it auto - close when power switched off? Asking as the dealer said yes - for 2018 but am sure being that scam Man'ttan dealer probably not right.
I have had 2 instances where it was left open accidentally and I come back to a pool of water/leaves and all other crap. Now - I have a tape on the steering wheel reminding me to double check. Resulted in pretty expensive interior detailing in 1 case. My friend (same CX-5) had it 100 times bad when a group of squirrels entered. Guess what they did with the leather/etc.
I believe Gen-2 CX-5 started to provide power for 30 seconds after you shut off the engine so that you have a chance to close the windows and moonroof by triggering the power switches manually. But Ive never tried it so I could be wrong. On the other hand Im pretty sure 2018 CX-5 wont do auto close on any of the power moonroof and power windows when you switch off like your dealer stated.

Yeah I have also had a couple of incidents that the rain water got into the cabin when I left he moonroof tilt-open. These incidents actually make me using the moonroof a lot less.

My 2017 cuts power to everything when you turn off ignition which is really annoying imo. Ford keeps it on for a few minutes or until you open the door.

Wouldnt stop them getting dirty would it? Actually, I had a bit of fun with an approaching BMW who seemed to want to threaten me with his king of the road led headlights last night. He soon backed off when I demonstrated my main beam back.

Love it! Reminds me of the time when I had a Mazda 6 diesel and the turbos kept failing. (All fixed under warranty). I had an open top BMW Z4 tailgating me, so dropped down into 3rd gear and the plume of black smoke enveloped the BMW. He stayed back after that.(whistle)

I can confirm that the windows will close without the auto function for a short while after the ignition is off but that it doesn’t apply to the sunroof.

My 2017 cuts power to everything when you turn off ignition which is really annoying imo. Ford keeps it on for a few minutes or until you open the door.
Keeping the power on for 30~45 seconds is a feature most vehicles have nowadays. This’s from 2017 Mazda CX-5 Owner’s Manual on page 3-37 but I have seen people were saying there’s no such feature like you’ve found out on your 2017 CX-5. There's certainly no such feature on my 2016 CX-5 although my 2016 CX-5 Owner’s Manual also made the same claim on page 3-33 in Engine-off power window operation section.

2017 Mazda CX-5 Owner’sManual said:
NOTE

The power window can be operated for about 40 seconds after the ignition is switched from ON to ACC or off with all doors closed. If any door is opened, the power window will stop operating.
For engine-off operation of the power window, the switch must be held up firmly throughout window closure because the auto-closing function will be inoperable.
2016 Mazda CX-5 Owner’sManual said:
Engine-off power window operation
The power window can be operated for about 40 seconds after the ignition is switched from ON to off with all doors closed. If any door is opened, the power window will stop operating.
NOTE
For engine-off operation of the power window, the switch must be held up firmly throughout window closure because the auto-closing function will be inoperable.

Just read the USA 2018 brochure and on the Touring model, you can now option for beige leatherette. Talk about going back to the 1970s/1980s! (lol)

So a few surprises are the non-driver one-touch open/close power windows with anti-pinch capability and illuminated switches

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but looks like this dealer has got it wrong:

As per Mazda USA Brochure:

000.jpg

Also confirmed here on official Mazda USA site (Pages 5, 11 & 17):

2018 MAZDA CX5 FEATURES SPECS

Looks like you guys are still getting ripped off I'm afraid.

I cannot believe they expect me to pull up on a switch for 4 seconds. Mazda sucks.

Back