Foged pistons; what are my options?

Haxir

:
mazdaspeed 3 GT 2008 CWP
So Im probably going to have to do a rebuild of my motor sadly. I mean its not that i dont want the reliability of being forged and not blowing it on more than 8-10 psi. But I just dont really have the money to go through with this sort of thing again.. I just forged my speed 3s motor a year and some change ago. I loved doing it but information was far more available with many options for parts. With the msp.... not so much.

So to get to the point of this post. What are the options for reliable pistons? I only seem to find weiscos, which is fine and all, I have custom weiscos in the speed 3 (4032s). But Im assuming these weiscos that come up in google for the Protege are probably of the 2816 makeup and Id much prefer some 4032s for the longevity since i dont plan to push high numbers, just a solid reliable DD with some pep. The 2816s tend to have the piston slap and shorter lifespan of the motor due to increased wear. Do any companies sell OTS 4032s for the fs-de? Or do i need to have weisco make some (probably way more money than what Ive found the ots ive found).

Whos running these OTS pistons? Hows the slap? Engine life/health of DDing after many miles?

Back