Looking at the CX-9 from the other side?

Not my words. Mazda's words.

Anyone who knows anything about cars and car marketing would know that Leather Trimmed Seats means just that--trim, not full. Learned that on my first car with leather trimmed seats 18 years ago--before I bought it (I read beyond page one of the marketing materials). I guess you learned the hard way. Maybe you want to sue Mazda for false advertising since you didn't get your precious Napa leather on the third row of your seats.

Why do you need to look at your tach when you drive an automatic transmission vehicle? Occasionally? Ok--fine? Enough that a majority of drivers would need or want it in the HUD? No.

You may look at it--but why? Because it's there? I'd argue that's distracting.

So in your OP, when you said "Thoughts?" what you really meant was only for people to respond with their opinions that matched yours? Is that the take away here?

"Other than my engine exploding, my car has been great."

"Other than poisoning my dog, my next door neighbor is a really nice guy."

"Other than making me violently ill, our dinner at that restaurant was wonderful."

I can clearly see that you enjoy arguing moot points and offering non-sequitur replies in rebuttal.

You shouldn't be sad to hear it--the TSB is a good thing. Mazda acknowledges it's an issue, which makes it easier to get it fixed. There's 1000s of parts on a car, and I've never owned a car that didn't have something that needed to be addressed under warranty/TSB. Just make sure to take a video of the issue if it happens so you can show the service manager, in case they can't "replicate the issue".

I have. It was called the 3000 GT SL. It never needed anything but oil changes. I replaced plugs, wires, belts and hoses only as a matter of precaution. On record, it never needed a parts replacement or warranty repair having anything to do with inherent faults in the design or manufacturing process. Your mileage may vary with the 3000 GT SL. Mine was spot on perfection in terms of maintenance and repairs.

The key is that winter tires can actually help you stop and steer the car in slick conditions much better than all season tires. AWD will help you get moving, but won't help you stop or maneuver the car around a curve. So, in your scenario, the inexperienced but over confident driver benefits more from winter tires than AWD. (drive)

You do this kind of thing all over the forum. You offered a total and complete misunderstanding of AWD systems and how they perform in Stopping and Cornering. Have you ever heard the term Coefficient of Friction? Do you know how to calculate the dynamic loads acting through the front and rear axle relative to the weight transfer of the vehicle under breaking and cornering? Do you understand why and how this matters to a vehicle with AWD vs a vehicle without it?

Traction control during the winter months is not merely attained through the use of winter tires. The overall design of the vehicle's suspension, center of gravity, weight shifting moment and designed weight distribution all play vital roles in predicting the kind of traction any vehicle can expect during periods where low friction coefficients are observed. This gets into discussions involving engineering, mathematics and physics, requiring something of a background in said subjects in order to flesh out relevant details. Else, its just bar room talk on a snowy day in New England.

But, hey - you are the Cop on duty, so I'm not going to argue with a Cop on duty.

Last edited:
Leather like surfaces (which you injected into this thread) also include the dashboard as well, idiot. It is soft touch plastic made to feel "leather-like." Yet, no one here mentioned the dashboard until you included it with your last post. This is why you and your twin win the Internet Cop award of the year. You can't even remember what you said 2 minutes ago. Trying to deflect is precisely what you are doing here. The "leather trim seats" don't come from me - they came from the Mazda website you continually ignore. Here it is again:

up7HaHshsKsvzpibUPk4jg4vn9LJNb.png

That's what I relied upon. A Mazda official website. Not that it mattered one iota to me personally, however. But, that it contradicted what the other Professional Internet Cop said in this thread is what mattered most. The site is from Mazda, not a website I threw up yesterday posing as a Mazda website. In case you cannot read plain English, it clearly states:

Leather trimmed seating

Anyone in their right mind reading that would naturally conclude that Leather Trimmed Seating means Seats that are Leather Trimmed. Only a Professional Internet Cop would fail to make the distinction and raise a moot point as though it were some kind of revelatory epiphany on the character of someone they know nothing about.

Get a life. You deserve to treat yourself better than some anonymous individual on the "internet" pretending to be relevant. It says, once again and for the very last time:

Leather trimmed seating

Not my words. Mazda's words. Maybe Truth in Advertising Matters. So, if I'm wrong - then Mazda is wrong about their own product. However, I would trust the truth from Mazda before I would ever trust the truth from an Internet Cop feigning relevance.

You started with the personal attacks like a typical troll and contrarily on top of it you accuse us.

There is a phrase called “eat your own words” and that you have had to do many tines but you refuse to accept.

We posted facts whereas you keep exaggerating and flapping back and forth on your words.

I can clearly see that you enjoy arguing moot points and offering non-sequitur replies in rebuttal.

I have. It was called the 3000 GT SL. It never needed anything but oil changes. I replaced plugs, wires, belts and hoses only as a matter of precaution. On record, it never needed a parts replacement or warranty repair having anything to do with inherent faults in the design or manufacturing process. Your mileage may vary with the 3000 GT SL. Mine was spot on perfection in terms of maintenance and repairs.

You do this kind of thing all over the forum. You offered a total and complete misunderstanding of AWD systems and how they perform in Stopping and Cornering. Have you ever heard the term Coefficient of Friction? Do you know how to calculate the dynamic loads acting through the front and rear axle relative to the weight transfer of the vehicle under breaking and cornering? Do you understand why and how this matters to a vehicle with AWD vs a vehicle without it?

Traction control during the winter months is not merely attained through the use of winter tires. The overall design of the vehicle's suspension, center of gravity, weight shifting moment and designed weight distribution all play vital roles in predicting the kind of traction any vehicle can expect during periods where low friction coefficients are observed. This gets into discussions involving engineering, mathematics and physics, requiring something of a background in said subjects in order to flesh out relevant details. Else, its just bar room talk on a snowy day in New England.

But, hey - you are the Cop on duty, so I'm not going to argue with a Cop on duty.

Stalking my posts now to string together a bunch of replies with no context? You stay classy, now. (braindead

Last edited:
You started with the personal attacks like a typical troll and contrarily on top of it you accuse us.

There is a phrase called “eat your own words” and that you have had to do many tines but you refuse to accept.

We posted facts whereas you keep exaggerating and flapping back and forth on your words.

Really.

Stupid unless you didn’t get hosed on the resale

Thus, we can see that your very first reply in another thread was an off-handed insulting remark calling someone you knew nothing about, "stupid." Stupid is as stupid does. You troll this thread like the hypocrite you are proclaiming that someone else "started" the problem when it was you who initiated in another thread.

This is why I say it is impossible to expect someone like you and your twin to be honest when you can't even spell the word honest. Yours has nothing to do with substance and everything to do with being either a Troll or an Internet Cop. So, why not take your hypocrisy and share it with someone who is unable to detect and expose it for what it is. If I've seen your kind online before then I've seen your kind online at least a billion times before. You are a dime a dozen on the "Internet" and two dozen on Sundays.

Losing is what you specialize in and when you lose, it is always the fault of someone else. Making excuses for your own failures instead of owning your own failures. Blaming others for your own loss instead of correcting yourself and pointing the finder where it belongs - at yourself.

Your basic problem is that you lack the ability to take personal responsibility for your own actions and you practice making bad decisions. To wit, you bought a Kia Sorrento when you could have just as well bought a Mazda CX-9. You bought from a company the has a known history of producing Engines that blow up. What were you thinking? Or, were you thinking at all - more to the point.

"Crazy," is the prefix to your UID. "Crazy," is exactly how you behave here on Mazdas247. Just nuts. Plain ole Planters Peanuts. The roasted and highly iodized variety. Grow up. Sell that explosion waiting to happen Kia Sorrento (before it is too late). Then find a way to move on with your life. Or, continue being the Jackboot Internet Cop that you fancy yourself being while kidding yourself about your relevance and credibility around here. No one gives a flying rat's tail about your made up credibility. Its a linear, dialectic medium of written exchange about topics shared in common. That's what an Internet Forum was originally designed to foster. People like you have changed that over the years and turned Forums into the vast wasteland of habitual nonsense they are today.

Stop being the problem and start being the solution.

Sell the exploding Kia and get a life. Its your only hope at this point, I fear.

Stalking my posts now to string together a bunch of replies with no context? You stay classy, now. (braindead

Putting your BS into proper context, more precisely. If you had not posted it, it would not be there. It is just that simple. Stop blaming others for your faults. You pathological trolls are good at doing that - until you get caught doing it and put in your place. Now, grow the hell up and start specializing in common sense and better judgement for once in your miserable lives.

Looking at the CX-9 from the “other” side?

Lol. Exploding kia. As if other manufacturers like mazda didn’t have similar issues. Those were only for the 4 cyl engines btw. Kia has already issued a recall but in your typical fashion you post without facts or verification. Keep blabbering all the bull crap. Hope you get paid to keep blabbering so much prose.

You sir are really a jackass troll. Unique one of a kind in my 10+ years on being on umpteen forums.

Last edited:
My CarCostCanada report states, for the 2017 Signature:

'Fixed 50-50 Split-Bench Vinyl 3rd Row Seat Front, Manual Fold Into Floor, 2 Manual and Adjustable Head Restraints'
and
'Seats w/Leatherette Back Material'

cheers, thd

My CarCostCanada report states, for the 2017 Signature:

'Fixed 50-50 Split-Bench Vinyl 3rd Row Seat Front, Manual Fold Into Floor, 2 Manual and Adjustable Head Restraints'
and
'Seats w/Leatherette Back Material'

cheers, thd

In other words, the industry definition of "Leather Trimmed Seats". Thanks for confirming! (cool)(canada)

Last edited:
Really.

Thus, we can see that your very first reply in another thread was an off-handed insulting remark calling someone you knew nothing about, "stupid." Stupid is as stupid does. You troll this thread like the hypocrite you are proclaiming that someone else "started" the problem when it was you who initiated in another thread.

This is why I say it is impossible to expect someone like you and your twin to be honest when you can't even spell the word honest. Yours has nothing to do with substance and everything to do with being either a Troll or an Internet Cop. So, why not take your hypocrisy and share it with someone who is unable to detect and expose it for what it is. If I've seen your kind online before then I've seen your kind online at least a billion times before. You are a dime a dozen on the "Internet" and two dozen on Sundays.

Losing is what you specialize in and when you lose, it is always the fault of someone else. Making excuses for your own failures instead of owning your own failures. Blaming others for your own loss instead of correcting yourself and pointing the finder where it belongs - at yourself.

Your basic problem is that you lack the ability to take personal responsibility for your own actions and you practice making bad decisions. To wit, you bought a Kia Sorrento when you could have just as well bought a Mazda CX-9. You bought from a company the has a known history of producing Engines that blow up. What were you thinking? Or, were you thinking at all - more to the point.

"Crazy," is the prefix to your UID. "Crazy," is exactly how you behave here on Mazdas247. Just nuts. Plain ole Planters Peanuts. The roasted and highly iodized variety. Grow up. Sell that explosion waiting to happen Kia Sorrento (before it is too late). Then find a way to move on with your life. Or, continue being the Jackboot Internet Cop that you fancy yourself being while kidding yourself about your relevance and credibility around here. No one gives a flying rat's tail about your made up credibility. Its a linear, dialectic medium of written exchange about topics shared in common. That's what an Internet Forum was originally designed to foster. People like you have changed that over the years and turned Forums into the vast wasteland of habitual nonsense they are today.

Stop being the problem and start being the solution.

Sell the exploding Kia and get a life. Its your only hope at this point, I fear.

"It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it." --Lillian Hellman

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/lillian_hellman

Back