Looking at the CX-9 from the other side?

I got mine from here: https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/cx-9/trims

Does not make a stipulation on 1st and 2nd row only for Napa Leather. It makes what could be implied as an exclusion, however. Over the point, would I care? No. It is the 3rd row and I don't use it unless I'm carrying tons of family, which represents less than 5% of my total driving time. Second, I run with the 3rd row folded 95% of the time. So, let's say they are not Napa Leather back there - that would actually be a benefit, as I would not have Napa Leather in a continuously folded position all the time soaking in memory creases.

I just don't see it as an issue for me personally, either way.

I've gotten some good info from both of these two posters. (maybe not in this thread :) ) One defending his decision not to buy the CX9 and to go with another vehicle and the other defending his trading up from a 2017 to a 2018 of the same car. Not necessarily a smart financial decision but he had his reasons none the less. I welcome their continuing comments in the future, but I think I'll skip this thread from now on.

Thanks. For me, I tend to keep it simple stupid. Buy what makes you satisfied and don't mind the rest.

Last edited:
Yup. Sorento and Santa Fe are quite different. They just share engine transmission infotainment and other electronics. Frame chassis tuning interior and exterior Quality is superior in Sorento. Sorento frame is made of a super strong steel same as Porsche and chassis and suspension were tuned at Nurburgring. Reason is Sorento hired Audi design chief as well as BMW M chief designers. A look at the new stinger will blow you away.

Wait a minute. Did you just commit the Cardinal Sin?

JkJ4z51IRAgQ5nwDgdcf3wFNw0uXg2.png

Is that a Rams helmet on your head?

Did you just use the words Sorento in the same breathe as Porsche and top it off with the proverbial tout of a run at the Ring! No, say it ain't so. Say, you are not attempting to push that bucket up the line of sophistication to the point of jointly and severally acclaiming a list of accolades that can only belong to the Athletic Cayenne!

That's Sacreligous. That's Heresy. That's the unspeakable, the unthinkable and the undoable. That's the Un of all Uns - the Mother of all Uns. That's the Grandmother of all screw-ups. That's a riddle wrapped in an enigma, cloaked in a Pandoras box and covered with 256bit encryption.

That's just crazy talk. You have, with ultra clarity, precisely defined the prefix of your UID.

SfZL4NKM2t4LTAPtJ6CyBdFISvqfzK.png

Last edited:
I got mine from here: https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/cx-9/trims

Does not make a stipulation on 1st and 2nd row only for Napa Leather. It makes what could be implied as an exclusion, however. Over the point, would I care? No. It is the 3rd row and I don't use it unless I'm carrying tons of family, which represents less than 5% of my total driving time. Second, I run with the 3rd row folded 95% of the time. So, let's say they are not Napa Leather back there - that would actually be a benefit, as I would not have Napa Leather in a continuously folded position all the time soaking in memory creases.

I just don't see it as an issue for me personally, either way.

You pose as some sophisticated intellectual, and yet you think this phrase "Leather trimmed seating" somehow overrides the more detailed listing of all features trim-by-trim? "Let's just say it's not Napa leather back there"--ok, let's do that. Because it's not even leather at all. It's like saying "Let's just say the sun rises in the east".

You could just say "Oops--I made a mistake" rather than change your story from "It's clearly leather" to "I don't really care if it's leather". It might lend more credibility to your high-and-mighty diatribes, IMO.

We are all so happy that it's not an "issue" for you that you were 100% wrong, and yet smug about it at the same time. (yupnope)

Last edited:
Wait a minute. Did you just commit the Cardinal Sin?

JkJ4z51IRAgQ5nwDgdcf3wFNw0uXg2.png

Is that a Rams helmet on your head?

Did you just use the words Sorento in the same breathe as Porsche and top it off with the proverbial tout of a run at the Ring! No, say it ain't so. Say, you are not attempting to push that bucket up the line of sophistication to the point of jointly and severally acclaiming a list of accolades that can only belong to the Athletic Cayenne!

That's Sacreligous. That's Heresy. That's the unspeakable, the unthinkable and the undoable. That's the Un of all Uns - the Mother of all Uns. That's the Grandmother of all screw-ups. That's a riddle wrapped in an enigma, cloaked in a Pandoras box and covered with 256bit encryption.

That's just crazy talk. You have, with ultra clarity, precisely defined the prefix of your UID.

SfZL4NKM2t4LTAPtJ6CyBdFISvqfzK.png

You have some serious english comprehension issues man. This is the 3rd strike now. Nowhere I compared Sorento to Porsche. I just stated a fact that it uses the same Korean high quality steel construction for its chassis.

You need to get off drinking all that Mazda kool-aid. I own a Mazda and am a Mazda fan but I am nowhere delusional as you are. You have all the time in the world to make long-assed delusional posts of grandeur about the CX-9 exaggerating everything. Then going and posting custom images that mean squat. Then on top of it expect Mazda to put a Porsche GT4 like performance in the CX-9. Wake up man! Mazda is a small consumer non-luxury brand. They are doing their best as they can. Even before the new skyactiv and the new somewhat premium offerings, Mazda was always in the front to give more features in their cars like rain sensing wipers, HIDs, power folding mirrors even as early as 2006-7. What they are doing now is just an incremental improvement from their already better offering than the rest. But others have caught up and surpassed them now.

You are delusional. A sophisticated troll. Hahaha

It is not unheard of for the pathological covert narcissist to attempt to projection on others that which he is himself. The typical pathological covert narcissist will always leave breadcrumbs. In your case, you left a neon sign. The unequivocal prefix in your UID pretty much says it all. You don't need the obligatory "troll" label. You are Board Certified Bat _ _ _ _ Crazy and that is not something I have any intention of trying to take away from you.

You pose as some sophisticated intellectual, and yet you think this phrase "Leather trimmed seating" somehow overrides the more detailed listing of all features trim-by-trim? "Let's just say it's not Napa leather back there"--ok, let's do that. Because it's not even leather at all. It's like saying "Let's just say the sun rises in the east".

Its like trying to teach quantum physics to a 4 year old. He'd rather spend time playing in the dirt and counting rocks as opposed to learning how the universe actually works and how he fits into it. The notion that somehow a downward spiraling discussion of leather trim on 3rd row seating surface supersedes the broader discussion of what mechanically makes the Sorrento an unlikely candidate for being a better SUV than the newly designed CX-9, is par for the course in the minds of the 4 year old children on this board. You completely ignored the website I posted that never made such a distinction - yet you stood on a website that offers contradiction as though the contradiction never existed.

Here it is again for the reading impaired: https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/cx-9/trims

GPabiqkNnpO0hC9CVxowt3MlFbICHm.png

There will always be Forum Blowhards like you two twins who find it necessary to inject rank stupidity and foolhardiness into a discussion, no matter how amazingly numb in the head it makes you appear on the surface.

It is not unheard of for the pathological covert narcissist to attempt to projection on others that which he is himself. The typical pathological covert narcissist will always leave breadcrumbs. In your case, you left a neon sign. The unequivocal prefix in your UID pretty much says it all. You don't need the obligatory "troll" label. You are Board Certified Bat _ _ _ _ Crazy and that is not something I have any intention of trying to take away from you.

Its like trying to teach quantum physics to a 4 year old. He'd rather spend time playing in the dirt and counting rocks as opposed to learning how the universe actually works and how he fits into it. The notion that somehow a downward spiraling discussion of leather trim on 3rd row seating surface supersedes the broader discussion of what mechanically makes the Sorrento an unlikely candidate for being a better SUV than the newly designed CX-9, is par for the course in the minds of the 4 year old children on this board. You completely ignored the website I posted that never made such a distinction - yet you stood on a website that offers contradiction as though the contradiction never existed.

Here it is again for the reading impaired: https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/cx-9/trims

There will always be Forum Blowhards like you two twins who find it necessary to inject rank stupidity and foolhardiness into a discussion, no matter how amazingly numb in the head it makes you appear on the surface.

You are so predictable. Judging everything on face value. Judging me on my forum handle, LOL. I am wondering if you would be able to type anything if you throw that Webster dictionary away.

Again for your reading comprehension issues (probably you need a handicap symbol next to your username). Go to the detailed specifications for more explanations rather than posting a screenshot of the highlights.

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 11.17.27 AM.png

Last edited:
You have some serious english comprehension issues man. This is the 3rd strike now. Nowhere I compared Sorento to Porsche.

You have no intellectual integrity, whatsoever. You don't even know what you said just 2 minutes ago - so how can anyone expect to have a rational debate with a covert narcissist hell bent on classifying a Sorrento (whose engine could blow anytime now according to Kia's history with engines) as being superior to the newly designed CX-9.

Here's what you wrote:

... Sorento frame is made of a super strong steel same as Porsche and chassis and suspension were tuned at Nurburgring. Reason is Sorento hired Audi design chief as well as BMW M chief designers. A look at the new stinger will blow you away.

It matters not how your pathological bent will try to disconnect facts from reality merely to make a hollow point. What you wrote was a clear "comparison" of two vehicles. Using the English language, you used what is known as a Conjunction [AND] to link to things together in contextual agreement. If you don't understand that, then I would strongly suggest that you stop wasting time on this Forum and spend more time getting Hooked On Phonics and the English Rosetta Stone, before you come back here trying to cover your obviously dripping wet Covert Narcissism.

Your last paragraph simply points out how dumb you really happen to be. Nobody in their right or left mind would put the CX-9's performance expectation in the same league with the Porsche Cayenne. Only a mental midget would attempt such a thing, or someone having not one iotas worth of clue about automotive engineering or high performance driving. The characteristic model with which you conduct yourself on this forum makes it abundantly clear that you have the mind of a 4 year old child.

Get over your Sorrento Minivan and get help with your pathology. You are making a complete ass of yourself in broad daylight.

You are so predictable. Judging everything on face value. Judging me on my forum handle, LOL.

You were not judged on your forum handle. You were judged on how well the prefix of your forum handle matches your conduct on this forum. Got it? Now, go get yourself Hooked On Phonics and the English Rosetta Stone before coming back here to make a complete fool of yourself.

You talk about "trolls," yet your conduct here has been nothing short of that which a only a troll is capable of producing. Read the Title of the OP after you pick up the English Rosetta Stone and educate yourself on how to write in specific prose that actually communicate inline with the Title of the gawd damn OP.

Now, get off my frequency.

Last edited:
LOLOL. Look at your own posts and threads as to know you are the narcissist, delusional 4 year old. Quoting my posts out of context - what a royal waste of time. Continue. Hope you continue to buy the 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 iterations of CX-9 making an ass of yourself!

Mods, please feel free to clean up this useless thread.

...(probably you need a handicap symbol next to your username).

The UID selected matches one of the aircraft I fly, whereas the UID you selected matching the pathological nature you have displayed up and down this forum to date.

Are we clear now?

Good. Get off my frequency.

Looking at the CX-9 from the “other” side?

The UID selected matches one of the aircraft I fly, whereas the UID you selected matching the pathological nature you have displayed up and down this forum to date.

Are we clear now?

Good. Get off my frequency.

Ohh maybe that’s why you are full of hot air, flyboy!

Last edited:
LOLOL. Look at your own posts and threads as to know you are the narcissist, delusional 4 year old. Quoting my posts out of context - what a royal waste of time. Continue. Hope you continue to buy the 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 iterations of CX-9 making an ass of yourself!

Mods, please feel free to clean up this useless thread.

You are done here. You have been given radar vectors back to the Kia Forum, where Sorrento's rule the earth:

lhQgGPFfstsXBc54NUVEgOi9sltQ3p.png

Teaching to a 4-year old is the only true statement you have made.

I didn't ignore the link you posted--I looked at it and explained why you are wrong to make the leap that every leather-like surface in the CX-9 is actual leather based on "Leather Trimmed Seats." Anyone with the intelligence you claim to have know that "trimmed" means only some portion of the seats are leather. And when you see that in a short summary of the features, let the buyer beware. You can make your little pictures with red arrows all you want; it didn't really advance your incorrect argument when you took the screen shot of the 3rd row seat either. You know as well as I do that the image you screen shot is not the detailed list of all features, and if you cared to argue facts, rather than your incorrect assertions, you would have looked further to the page that I linked, which clearly, unequivocally says, not only is the 3rd row not leather, but neither is the middle seat of the 2nd row. Maybe take some time to learn the facts rather than show off your graphic arts skills? You can name call all you like; it doesn't change the fact that "alternative facts" are not a thing--#LoudAndWrong.

Teaching to a 4-year old is the only true statement you have made.

I didn't ignore the link you posted--I looked at it and explained why you are wrong to make the leap that every leather-like surface in the CX-9 is actual leather based on "Leather Trimmed Seats."

The only individual inside this thread who made the conclusion that every other leather-like surface in the CX-9 is actual leather is you. You are the only one here who linked leather trimmed seats to all other leather-like surfaces and if you can post a link to anyone else having done that here, I'll eat my hat. You can't because no such posts exists inside this thread with one glaring exception... yours.

That's the level of intellectual dishonesty that you Professional Trolls engage in on forums across the Internet. You engage in some of the most time wasting and useless non-sequitur drivel imaginable, all the while actually believing that you are Policing or somehow exposing some made up truth - when the reality is that you only expose yourselves as being Professional Trolls.

The biggest fools on the Internet are Professional Trolls acting like Forum Police, pretending to be establishing their internet credibility where none actually exists. I don't have an internet ego to bruise, but apparently people like you do. The website I posted is from Mazda, in case you missed that fact. Mazda itself made no distinction between the two on that web page. You used a different web page, yet said nothing about the link I provided. In all, the matter is entirely moot as it says nothing about why the Sorrento is a Minivan dressed up like an SUV, nor does it say anything whatsoever in response to the Title of the OP.

The pathology of Internet Forum Policing is now viral and has been for quite some time. I am not surprised nor taken off guard by the fact that Mazdas247 has its fair share of such Professional Cops on duty. Here's to the 'brave' men and women of the 'internet' who protect us from evil doers and people who can't read, write and comprehend the English Language:

yG4YpMtlgiTEVhETTNrjYRaNypFrTR.png

Three cheers for all the Cyber Cops among us! Gawd damn fools.

Its called Napa Leather Seating and it exists in all three rows of the Signature trim that I have:

Aao4MVewXqDkkJCvoaqz9M9ce9q47D.png

The only individual inside this thread who made the conclusion that every other leather-like surface in the CX-9 is actual leather is you. You are the only one here who linked leather trimmed seats to all other leather-like surfaces and if you can post a link to anyone else having done that here, I'll eat my hat. You can't because no such posts exists inside this thread with one glaring exception... yours.

That's the level of intellectual dishonesty that you Professional Trolls engage in on forums across the Internet. You engage in some of the most time wasting and useless non-sequitur drivel imaginable, all the while actually believing that you are Policing or somehow exposing some made up truth - when the reality is that you only expose yourselves as being Professional Trolls.

The biggest fools on the Internet are Professional Trolls acting like Forum Police, pretending to be establishing their internet credibility where none actually exists. I don't have an internet ego to bruise, but apparently people like you do. The website I posted is from Mazda, in case you missed that fact. Mazda itself made no distinction between the two on that web page. You used a different web page, yet said nothing about the link I provided. In all, the matter is entirely moot as it says nothing about why the Sorrento is a Minivan dressed up like an SUV, nor does it say anything whatsoever in response to the Title of the OP.

The pathology of Internet Forum Policing is now viral and has been for quite some time. I am not surprised nor taken off guard by the fact that Mazdas247 has its fair share of such Professional Cops on duty. Here's to the 'brave' men and women of the 'internet' who protect us from evil doers and people who can't read, write and comprehend the English Language:

yG4YpMtlgiTEVhETTNrjYRaNypFrTR.png

Three cheers for all the Cyber Cops among us! Gawd damn fools.
Well, feel free to eat your hat on the proven false claim that the 3rd row in your CX-9 is actual Napa leather (see diagram above). Fortunately, you have provided said hat for your nourishment:

Keep on deflecting and focusing on the one thing that you can try and wedge an untruth into. Still #LoudAndWrong (stfu)

Last edited:
Leather like surfaces (which you injected into this thread) also include the dashboard as well, idiot. It is soft touch plastic made to feel "leather-like." Yet, no one here mentioned the dashboard until you included it with your last post. This is why you and your twin win the Internet Cop award of the year. You can't even remember what you said 2 minutes ago. Trying to deflect is precisely what you are doing here. The "leather trim seats" don't come from me - they came from the Mazda website you continually ignore. Here it is again:

up7HaHshsKsvzpibUPk4jg4vn9LJNb.png

That's what I relied upon. A Mazda official website. Not that it mattered one iota to me personally, however. But, that it contradicted what the other Professional Internet Cop said in this thread is what mattered most. The site is from Mazda, not a website I threw up yesterday posing as a Mazda website. In case you cannot read plain English, it clearly states:

Leather trimmed seating

Anyone in their right mind reading that would naturally conclude that Leather Trimmed Seating means Seats that are Leather Trimmed. Only a Professional Internet Cop would fail to make the distinction and raise a moot point as though it were some kind of revelatory epiphany on the character of someone they know nothing about.

Get a life. You deserve to treat yourself better than some anonymous individual on the "internet" pretending to be relevant. It says, once again and for the very last time:

Leather trimmed seating

Not my words. Mazda's words. Maybe Truth in Advertising Matters. So, if I'm wrong - then Mazda is wrong about their own product. However, I would trust the truth from Mazda before I would ever trust the truth from an Internet Cop feigning relevance.

Leather like surfaces (which you injected into this thread) also include the dashboard as well, idiot. It is soft touch plastic made to feel "leather-like." Yet, no one here mentioned the dashboard until you included it with your last post. This is why you and your twin win the Internet Cop award of the year. You can't even remember what you said 2 minutes ago. Trying to deflect is precisely what you are doing here. The "leather trim seats" don't come from me - they came from the Mazda website you continually ignore. Here it is again:

up7HaHshsKsvzpibUPk4jg4vn9LJNb.png

That's what I relied upon. A Mazda official website. Not that it mattered one iota to me personally, however. But, that it contradicted what the other Professional Internet Cop said in this thread is what mattered most. The site is from Mazda, not a website I threw up yesterday posing as a Mazda website. In case you cannot read plain English, it clearly states:

Leather trimmed seating

Anyone in their right mind reading that would naturally conclude that Leather Trimmed Seating means Seats that are Leather Trimmed. Only a Professional Internet Cop would fail to make the distinction and raise a moot point as though it were some kind of revelatory epiphany on the character of someone they know nothing about.

Get a life. You deserve to treat yourself better than some anonymous individual on the "internet" pretending to be relevant. It says, once again and for the very last time:

Leather trimmed seating

Not my words. Mazda's words. Maybe Truth in Advertising Matters. So, if I'm wrong - then Mazda is wrong about their own product. However, I would trust the truth from Mazda before I would ever trust the truth from an Internet Cop feigning relevance.

Not my words. Mazda's words.

Anyone who knows anything about cars and car marketing would know that Leather Trimmed Seats means just that--trim, not full. Learned that on my first car with leather trimmed seats 18 years ago--before I bought it (I read beyond page one of the marketing materials). I guess you learned the hard way. Maybe you want to sue Mazda for false advertising since you didn't get your precious Napa leather on the third row of your seats.

Attachments

• ScreenShot.png
    ScreenShot.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Back