2013 Mazdaspeed3 Infotainment Aux + USB issue

Pottymouth

:
2013 Mazdaspeed3
Hey all,

I have a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 with the tech package. Having issues with the infotainment system. Basically I'm trying to use the Amazon Music app and it works with AUX only. As soon as I connect my phone to USB at the same time (in case I need to charge it) the music stops and there's no way to have the sound come through again without removing the USB connection. I've also managed to make it work with USB only by pausing the music playing locally from the phone, starting the music on the Amazon app, and then pressing play. But if I do it that way, the system returns to playing the music locally on the phone as soon as the music on the app finishes.

Bluetooth is out of the question because the quality is just really bad (worse than FM radio). So it's not a huge issue but was wondering if anyone has experienced this and have found a way to work around it?

Thanks.

Nevermind, I figured it out. The order of which you connect everything matters. I connected my phone to USB first, let it be detected so that charging starts, then plug in the AUX cord after. Works without issue.

Back