Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.

Thread: Just Got a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3/Joined the Community. Anything I should know?

Registered Member

2008 Mazdaspeed 3

Just Got a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3/Joined the Community. Anything I should know?

Hey guys! I just purchased a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 a few days ago and figure its best to ask people with experience about things Ill need to deal with in the future. Also I just joined the forums so I wanted to say hello!

I will be going in to do a 2 resonator delete in the next few weeks and going COBB Stage one ASAP.

Donated: $5

As far as you know, is it "bone stock"?

2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual

man, don't delete your resonator... they are in your exhaust system for a reason. resonators do exactly what the name suggests - resonate the exhaust flow. to put it simply, it's a type of back pressure that does not restrict exhaust flow whatsoever, but increase the turbulence for better flow especially at low RPM. the resonator was carefully tuned by the engineers who created your vehicle to how they thought your turbo 2.3 was supposed to sound from the factory. on top of fine-tuning your exhaust sound to sound better, it also gets rid of the raspy, tinny honda sound. Mazda has clearly distinguished their 4 cylinder with it's own unique sound, I don't recommend ever removing any resonator unless you just want a loud and shitty sound with lots of drone.

there is a big difference between a good sound, and a loud sound. a loud exhaust note does not necessarily have to sound bad, although often it does. my recommendation is to get a downpipe (which will sound great even with your stock exhaust system) then ditch the COBB for a real ECU reflash for optimal gains and performance. this setup would be the best bang for your buck.

if you are trying to just get a good sound and leave your cats alone, delete your muffler instead although I recommend having some sort of high flow muffler on there. if you dont want to spend the money on a good muffler, simply welding in a resonator right before your exhaust tip in place of the muffler will emit an amazing sound with zero drone that is actually quite loud when you step on the throttle.

cheers and happy driving.
    Last edited by GJ-Molestor; 01-05-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Registered Member

2005 350Z

Just Got a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3/Joined the Community Anything I should know

total it. Ur gonna be driving around a car you know was seriously bashed up which is going to make you sad, then eventually ur going to sell it to some poor bastard thats going to get a poor example of an 86. Do yourself and the 86 communitu a favor, total it if you can.
    700-139 | Unico* | Feedback Device - Encoder REPAIR