Just Got a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3/Joined the Community. Anything I should know?

dudeogo

:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
Hey guys! I just purchased a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 a few days ago and figure its best to ask people with experience about things Ill need to deal with in the future. Also I just joined the forums so I wanted to say hello!

I will be going in to do a 2 resonator delete in the next few weeks and going COBB Stage one ASAP.

man, don't delete your resonator... they are in your exhaust system for a reason. resonators do exactly what the name suggests - resonate the exhaust flow. to put it simply, it's a type of back pressure that does not restrict exhaust flow whatsoever, but increase the turbulence for better flow especially at low RPM. the resonator was carefully tuned by the engineers who created your vehicle to how they thought your turbo 2.3 was supposed to sound from the factory. on top of fine-tuning your exhaust sound to sound better, it also gets rid of the raspy, tinny honda sound. Mazda has clearly distinguished their 4 cylinder with it's own unique sound, I don't recommend ever removing any resonator unless you just want a loud and bad sound with lots of drone.

there is a big difference between a good sound, and a loud sound. a loud exhaust note does not necessarily have to sound bad, although often it does. my recommendation is to get a downpipe (which will sound great even with your stock exhaust system) then ditch the COBB for a real ECU reflash for optimal gains and performance. this setup would be the best bang for your buck.

if you are trying to just get a good sound and leave your cats alone, delete your muffler instead although I recommend having some sort of high flow muffler on there. if you dont want to spend the money on a good muffler, simply welding in a resonator right before your exhaust tip in place of the muffler will emit an amazing sound with zero drone that is actually quite loud when you step on the throttle.

cheers and happy driving.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back