Installing Silver Accents on 2016 Touring Edition

aka_

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Touring Soul Red
Hi all,

New to the forum and not sure what to search to find the answer here. Is this considered a "lip"? This is my first SUV/Crossover, sorry.

Does anybody have any information on making a 2016 Touring edition that looks like this:

2016-Mazda-CX-9-FWD-Touring-front-three-quarter-1.jpg

look like this with the silver accents on the front (sides and rear as well):

254376.jpg

2017-Mazda-CX-9-PR-r-11-2015-Cars-II

Sorry for the big pictures. Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Can anybody at least reply with the part numbers for the items I listed? It seems like an easy enough job to install but I'm having a hard time finding the specific part number on all these sites that just use diagram images. Thanks for any help!

Can anybody at least reply with the part numbers for the items I listed? It seems like an easy enough job to install but I'm having a hard time finding the specific part number on all these sites that just use diagram images. Thanks for any help!

Here you go -

Front Bumper Chrome Parts:
Trim Molding, RIGHT TK50-50-120A
Trim Molding, LEFT TK50-50-130A
Center Molding TK51-50-120B

Back Bumper Chrome Part:
Molding TK50-50-369C

Side Rocker Panel Chrome Trim:
FRONT ROCKER MOLDING INSERT Right TK49-50-681
FRONT ROCKER MOLDING INSERT Left TK49-50-691

REAR ROCKER MOLDING INSERT Right TK49-50-682
REAR ROCKER MOLDING INSERT Left TK49-50-692

Here you go -

Back Bumper Chrome Part:
Molding TK50-50-369C

REAR ROCKER MOLDING INSERT Right TK49-50-682
REAR ROCKER MOLDING INSERT Left TK49-50-692

YO! Thanks so much ronkayes!

Did you have issues when ordering from Tasca or any other online store saying the part didn't match your VIN?

I've never had stores ask so many questions before ordering products before.

Did you have issues when ordering from Tasca or any other online store saying the part didn't match your VIN?

I've never had stores ask so many questions before ordering products before.

The non GT/Signature VINs come off as incorrect for the chrome trims as they are not meant for them just like the headlights and other GT/Signature specific parts. Tasca did in fact reached back to me and wanted to make sure that I was ordering the correct part for my VIN. I told them I'm buying these at my own discretion and they could ship them without any problem.

The non GT/Signature VINs come off as incorrect for the chrome trims as they are not meant for them just like the headlights and other GT/Signature specific parts. Tasca did in fact reached back to me and wanted to make sure that I was ordering the correct part for my VIN. I told them I'm buying these at my own discretion and they could ship them without any problem.

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. They were super nice and shipped it out. Told them to get ready for that as I have quite a few things over the next few weeks I'm going to be ordering.

Received my front pieces and rear piece. Ordered the sides today. Once I get those and the roof rails, which I'm ordering in a week or two, I'll have them all installed. Then rims in June and mini-transformation to GT complete. :)

Installing the trim pieces is a lot harder than I imagined. All the pieces are made of chrome plated ABS plastic and are designed to be secured by screws from behind. None of them are simple snap in and outs or glue ons. The sides and the back pieces need the matching holes to be drilled on the plastic panels. I just did the front bumper corner pieces and it took me a good 3 hours. Quite a bit of fender liner, deflector shield and the fog lights had to be taken out and the some of the trim screws are extremely hard to reach. You need to have lot of patience and physical flexibility to work on these pieces. I'm yet to do the front middle piece and figure out a way to do the back bumper piece. I will order the sides once I'm done with all the front back pieces.

Installing the trim pieces is a lot harder than I imagined. All the pieces are made of chrome plated ABS plastic and are designed to be secured by screws from behind. None of them are simple snap in and outs or glue ons. The sides and the back pieces need the matching holes to be drilled on the plastic panels. I just did the front bumper corner pieces and it took me a good 3 hours. Quite a bit of fender liner, deflector shield and the fog lights had to be taken out and the some of the trim screws are extremely hard to reach. You need to have lot of patience and physical flexibility to work on these pieces. I'm yet to do the front middle piece and figure out a way to do the back bumper piece. I will order the sides once I'm done with all the front back pieces.

Yeah, when I got the pieces I ordered in, I noticed all of the holes for screws. Definitely was not expecting that. Thought the sides would be difficult but that the front and rear pieces would be simple. I'm committed to getting it all installed but doubt I'll be doing it myself since I don't want to mess anything up. Afraid at how much Mazda will charge to install all of the pieces, so if they say they'll be an arm and a leg, I'll probably go with a shop that does aftermarket installs and custom stuff, which hopefully would be less.

Tell me the part number
Thanks!

Posted above:

Back Bumper Chrome Part:
Molding TK50-50-369C