Which Mazdaspeed6 parts will fit on my 06 wagon?

Ostojo

:
2005 Mazda3 GT
So last week I bought an 06 wagon (manual 5 speed). It's the GS and has the cloth interior. I was looking on CL for leather seats to swap in. I found a Mazdaspeed6 that is basically the entire car minus the engine, which was already sold. It rubbed up against a rail and got totalled. But everything except for the engine is there.

I cut a deal I couldn't pass up ($900 delivered!) and I'm having the MS6 delivered this weekend. I'm planning to swap out basically everything I can, seats, shocks/springs, wheels, door cards, and the climate control and stereo if I can. I don't have either car in front of me to look at at the moment, but what can I what can't I swap out? Any input would be appreciated.

It really is a different car. Not only are they made in different countries, the American assembled and Ford/Mazda made Mazda6, is a different vehicle chassis and different dimensions from the Japan Mazda made Mazdaspeed6. I do not know of really that many parts that are interchangeable between the 2 cars. I am sorry to say that if I recall correctly, you will be disappointed to hear that none of your items you listed are swappable.

Last edited:
It really is a different car. Not only are they made in different countries, the American and Ford/Mazda made Mazda6, is a different vehicle from the Japan Mazda made Mazdaspeed6. I do not know of many parts that are interchangeable between the 2 cars.

From what I've read the front seats and door cards are an easy swap. I'm wondering about suspension, brakes, back seats, and bose stereo, among other things.

It would be really awesome if you could put a MS6 motor in the Mazda 6 wagon, but for the low amount you paid for the MS6 I am assuming the motor is no good.

Back