CX-5 ignition issues while phone is charging

xdsmallx

:
2017 CX-5
Since new I've had random issues with the ignition system of my 2017 CX-5 while my cell phone is connected to a 12v charger. First time I saw an issue the engine was off and nothing would happen when pressing the start button. Took a while to realize disconnecting the phone and everything works fine. The charger can stay in the 12v port, at all times but not until I connect the phone do I see an issue. The other thing I see is sometimes if I turn off the engine while the phone is connected it will turn off but I get a chime and a message that the ignition is on. As soon as I disconnect the phone the message goes away and all is normal. I've tried different chargers and both the front 12v port and the console port and see the same issues. Charging from the USB port in the console seems ok. Anyone else seeing the same thing? I haven't contacted the dealer yet, figured I'd check out the forums first but haven't been able to find anything. Thanks!

Twilight Zone!
Have you tried it with a different phone?

What Phone?
Does it do the same thing if phone is powered OFF but charging?
Is your charge cable getting pinched in the shifter or not allowing the shifter to return to the PARK position>?

I actually haven't tried a different phone, but I will. I have a Motorola Droid. Cable is good and I did replace it when I tried the different charger.

Borrow a diff phone can try it out.
No such problem with my '17 vs. Samsung S8+.

Back