Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: News cx5 GS vibration issue

Registered Member

Mazda cx5

Quote Originally Posted by laf View Post
    Hi guys. Same problem here. Stopped by my dealer last week. Problem seems to be related to an engine mount "freezing".
    Mazda is aware of the problem in theory. Hope they fix the problem soon. Im sure the car is also running with less power.
    Did you leave the car with them? Is it fixed or they just told you to use the car until they find solution? Let me know.

Registered Member

Cx-5 GS Awd

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Do you think he mean "freezing" as in due to the cold, or freezing as in just seized up due to a defect or something else?
    Not sure about that. All I know is that after using a pressure washer on it the problem was gone. For two days !!

2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by laf View Post
    Not sure about that. All I know is that after using a pressure washer on it the problem was gone. For two days !!
    You mean a steam cleaner? All they need to do is get it up to normal temp and the engine mounts will be more than thawed out.

Registered Member

mazda cx 5 gs 2017

Traded in my cx 5 2015 gs for a 017 cx 5 gs .

The 015 warmed up more quickly than the 017 , starting the car in freezing temperatures and it makes a noise like the whole car is coming apart and the vibrations are very noticable the first 15 minutes of driving away with it.

Looks like its a common issue but is there a solution from the dealer or have to wait till warmer weather?

Registered Member

mazda cx 5 gs 2017

Also noticing the loud vibration coming from the back of the car when accelerating?

The temp needle will stay at 100 on the highway but once off it will start dropping ?

Registered Member

Cx-5 GS Awd

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    You mean a steam cleaner? All they need to do is get it up to normal temp and the engine mounts will be more than thawed out.
    Saw the mechanic with a pressure washer. Maybe he used warm water.

Registered Member

Mazda cx5

So the garage is close,I talked to my sales rep,he told me that somebody else called him today about the same thing,and he will have answer from me tomorrow,in mean Time he says there is nothing to worry about, funny enough,I took the car for a little drive today,and all seems more or less normal,as I mentioned,it does not have even 500km on it so maybe it is a matter of driving little bit more.i will let you know guys tomorrow what they tell me.in mean Time HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU.

Registered Member

News cx5 GS vibration issue

Another possibility is that snow/ice built up on the driveline or other moving parts that caused the imbalance.

Registered Member

Mazda cx5

Quote Originally Posted by Puyapim View Post
    Another possibility is that snow/ice built up on the driveline or other moving parts that caused the imbalance.
    Sure enough that's exactly what happened,just leave the garage, diagnosis- ice build up.

Registered Member banjos-n-beer's Avatar

2014 QX70 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Puyapim View Post
    happened with my 4Runner a number of years back. had a lot of snow and ice pack stuck in/on the under carriage. it made some obvious vibrations and minor noises that subsided when the weather warmed up and that crap finally fell off.

Registered Member

mazda cx 5 gs 2017

Came back from the dealer and they did admit that there is hydraulic bar that freezes at -20 Celsius and they are working on a fix for the problem.

Many others have been reporting issues with vibrations at starting the cold so it looks like a genaral thing

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 2017 - GT

Thanks for info Nick
    Is there any risk of damage until they find a fix ?

Registered Member

mazda cx 5 gs 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Sergemazda View Post
    Thanks for info Nick
    Is there any risk of damage until they find a fix ?
    I asked them if this cause any damages an they said 100% no .

Once the car is warmed up its back to being smooth , its just those first 20 min of driving when its cold that it had bad vibrations.
    Are you having the same issues?

Donated: $15

CX-5 Touring 2016.5

My opinion is skyactiv is prone to max damage in colder weather. I only get a blue light to indicate the engine is cold. During that time I never ever ever rev past 2k. I drive 30 mph even in 40 for the first 5-7 minutes. I drive longer in the parking lot taking a longer route so it warms up more. In last few days we have seen 14F here in Dallas - I drove it very gently, gentle acceleration.
    One thing I noticed - in extreme cold the brakes squeak till they get upto temp.

Brakes squeak were heard in stop n go traffic a few miles ago. Before that I have never heard brake noises in my 17K miles.

Official Defender of Zamdatm

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 2017 - GT

Yes same issue, under -20C : loud vibrations when gear (D) engaged and low RPM. Car is more difficult to manipulate (starting engine, engage gear shifter, stearing wheel... )
    It’s really like some grease/oil somewhere harden under -20C
    Disappear as soon as car is warmer. I’m leaving in Montreal too and driving a lot to Rouyn Noranda (less 5 to 10C than Montreal)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast