Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: News cx5 GS vibration issue

Registered Member banjos-n-beer's Avatar

2014 QX70 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    My opinion is skyactiv is prone to max damage in colder weather. I only get a blue light to indicate the engine is cold. During that time I never ever ever rev past 2k. I drive 30 mph even in 40 for the first 5-7 minutes. I drive longer in the parking lot taking a longer route so it warms up more. In last few days we have seen 14F here in Dallas - I drove it very gently, gentle acceleration.
    One thing I noticed - in extreme cold the brakes squeak till they get upto temp.

Brakes squeak were heard in stop n go traffic a few miles ago. Before that I have never heard brake noises in my 17K miles.
    its almost a catch 22. you don't want to hurt your engine by going too hard on it when its cold, but at the same time, its programmed to hold gears longer to help everything get up to operating temp.

personally, i just tried to keep RPMs under 3k while it was cold. <=2k would seem difficult, and annoying.

Registered Member

Mazda cx5

I'm not 100% sure but I think for Canada the cars have to meet specific requirements for the cold weather.

Registered Member

mazda cx 5 gs 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Chef1 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but I think for Canada the cars have to meet specific requirements for the cold weather.
    This is a very intense canadian winter , its been very long that i haven't seen this type of cold

Registered Member

Mazda

Same problem. Official service said ther engine’s mount is not for this cold. Central office already knows this issue and it’s possible that this part will be changed asap.

2017 CX-5 GT

I had the same issues with the recent below -25°C temperatures! My car's roof was making loud vibration noises from inside the cabin as I pressed on the accelerator!
    When the temperatures get warmer, the problem goes away, but I am concerned about issues in the long run...
    I will also mention the issue to the dealer.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow New cx5 GS vibration issue

Quote Originally Posted by ExHonda View Post
    I had the same issues with the recent below -25°C temperatures! My car's roof was making loud vibration noises from inside the cabin as I pressed on the accelerator!
    When the temperatures get warmer, the problem goes away, but I am concerned about issues in the long run...
    I will also mention the issue to the dealer.
    During recent extremely cold weather many 2nd-gen CX-5 owners experienced this vibration issue caused by new hydraulic engine mounts which isn’t functioning well under such low temperature environment. Apparently Mazda didn’t test it under such environment, and mention it to Mazda dealer is not enough. Those owners should contact Mazda Canada or Mazda North American Operations directly and let them know these new hydraulic engine mounts need to get replaced with better ones.

Increased engine noise, bad vibration after spending two weeks in the cold.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 KF 2.0 MT 2WD 2017

Looks it is "worldwide" issue. Russian and Kazakhstan owners having same issue, under -20C (http://cx-5.ru/forums/topic/5421/). I also experienced vibration around the car, even when engine was warmed up about 50 Celsius. Max vibration is felt around 1000-1800 RPM. Now a bit scary to start engine without warm garage if outside under - 20 Celsius.
    Last edited by rnmv; 01-08-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Registered Member

Run a search with this; “cars with liquid engine mounts vibrations when cold”.

You will discover that pretty much everyone has this issue. Even Mercedes Benz. So it’s not a Mazda exclusive.

Registered Member

2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black

I hope they make special mounts for Canada, instead of changing the nominal design for everybody, assuming there will be some compromises to accommodate extreme cold that most regions don't need to worry about.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow New cx5 GS vibration issue

Quote Originally Posted by Puyapim View Post
    Run a search with this; “cars with liquid engine mounts vibrations when cold”.

You will discover that pretty much everyone has this issue. Even Mercedes Benz. So it’s not a Mazda exclusive.
    Really? I did Google “cars with liquid engine mounts vibrations when cold”, and all it came up are several old vehicles such as a 8.5-year-old 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 with 95K miles or a 9-year-old 2002 Ford Focus wagon with 143k miles, that were having vibration problem in “cold”!

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 KF 2.0 MT 2WD 2017

Can vibration due freezing mounts cause increased tear and wear of engine?

2018 CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by rnmv View Post
    Can vibration due freezing mounts cause increased tear and wear of engine?
    No.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Chef1 View Post
    hello everyone,i'm new to the forum,i just got new 2017 cx5,not even 400km on it yet,its been really cold for last few days here in Montreal - 30 Celsius,i didn't have any issues so far with starting the engine ,but this morning the car clearly struggled a bit the battery is brand new as it came with the car,so im wondering if it could be an issue ,or simply the fact that the car is brand new and still tight,so it simply need breaking in,also it transmits lots of engine vibration to the cabin and steering wheel,and when on stop light the RPM goes sometimes from 800 to500.really weird.

Are you saying the RPMs drop from ~800 to 500 at a stop light?
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Are you saying the RPMs drop from ~800 to 500 at a stop light?
    Likely it’s the ac compressor cycling. The engine increases rpm to handle the load better. Mine idles from 750 to 500.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Puyapim View Post
    Likely it’s the ac compressor cycling. The engine increases rpm to handle the load better. Mine idles from 750 to 500.
    Yes, in the real cold, my car did that. Nothing to really worry about. My idle is normally 750 RPM and occasionally will go to 1000 at the start. Nothing out of the ordinary. Dropping down too much could indicate something.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast