2018 vs 2017 Cx-5 pricing

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
My wife was looking online and we found something odd. 2018 CX-5 GT White with AWD and Premium package is listed on multiple dealer sites with MSRP of 33,480. The 2017 White, AWD Gt with Premium package is 33,665.

I thought the 2018 was going up in price a few hundred $. At first i thought the dealer made a mistake, but then I found another dealer with same car, same price.

Any ideas? Mazda doesn't have windows stickers or pricing for 2018 yet.

Maybe keeping the price less than the 2017 to attract new customers perhaps (uhm)

My wife was looking online and we found something odd. 2018 CX-5 GT White with AWD and Premium package is listed on multiple dealer sites with MSRP of 33,480. The 2017 White, AWD Gt with Premium package is 33,665.

I thought the 2018 was going up in price a few hundred $. At first i thought the dealer made a mistake, but then I found another dealer with same car, same price.

Any ideas? Mazda doesn't have windows stickers or pricing for 2018 yet.

Found it in an article - the Premium package is cheaper now:

The optional $1,395 Grand Touring Premium Package includes a head-up unit with traffic sign recognition, heated steering wheel, heated second-row outboard seats and windshield wiper deicer.

It was $1830 - so even though the base went up some, the option package came down a lot.

Found it in an article - the Premium package is cheaper now:

The optional $1,395 Grand Touring Premium Package includes a head-up unit with traffic sign recognition, heated steering wheel, heated second-row outboard seats and windshield wiper deicer.

It was $1830 - so even though the base went up some, the option package came down a lot.

Because they took out power memory seats and made it standard. Hence package price went down

Because they took out power memory seats and made it standard. Hence package price went down

It still doesn't explain why the total went down in price. They lowered the option package price and raised the base - unusual for the total MSRP to be less. I would have expected it to be the same, or slightly more.

I don't really care the why it is cheaper - I just wanted to see the math as to why to make sure I was not misreading anything.

It still doesn't explain why the total went down in price. They lowered the option package price and raised the base - unusual for the total MSRP to be less. I would have expected it to be the same, or slightly more.

I don't really care the why it is cheaper - I just wanted to see the math as to why to make sure I was not misreading anything.

As I said could be to entice new owners.

I bought a 2018 (FWD/GT/Premium) today. Was about $2k over a 2017GS. Dealer said they had more wiggle room on the GS because they werent really selling but I got suckered in by the HUD and they didnt have the color combo I wanted in 2017

Back