Remote start

:
2010 Mazda 5
We have a 2018 GT. Has anyone added the remote start that uses the phone app?
If so, did you do it yourself?
How hard was it?
How much did you pay for it?
Do you like it?

I will not suggest it. I paid $700+ Cad. At first, I was so excited but then after a couple of weeks using it, I would still prefer the normal 2 ways remote start. The mobile remote takes 1 min to login and 1 min again once you entered your pin. Plus, you will pay $75 a year after your 1 year free subscription.

I will not suggest it. I paid $700+ Cad. At first, I was so excited but then after a couple of weeks using it, I would still prefer the normal 2 ways remote start. The mobile remote takes 1 min to login and 1 min again once you entered your pin. Plus, you will pay $75 a year after your 1 year free subscription.

Yeah I was offered by my dealer to install that Mazda mobile start but I declined it due to the yearly subscription cost which is ridiculous considering they stopped updating the app for continued support. Instead I negotiated a Compustar 2-way remote start that they threw in as part of the deal. The 2-way remote works way faster even if the range is limited (only 3000ft) but sufficient for my proximity needs and the antenna inside the windshield is way smaller than the Mazda mobile start. The other advantage of the 2-way remote is say when you start your vehicle the manual way (via push button inside vehicle), fire up the heated seats and heated steering wheel then lock your vehicle using the 2-way remote it bypasses the system so it locks the doors (in the event you need to say go back in the house to grab something). Locking the vehicle while engine running isn't possible with the advanced keyless system.

Back