Rumbling/vibrating sound from engine area of my 2017 Mazda CX5 GS.

JackieRoseBee

:
2017 Mazda Cx-5 GS
Hello all,

Alberta has been having some extremely cold temps (-30), and during the morning when I start my SUV, it rumbles very loud (and I realize this is normal with Sky Activ engines, and should only last around 30 seconds). However, it does not go away, and during my 20 minute drive to work, the rumbling continues mostly around 50-70 km/hr, and when turning. At highway speeds, it mostly goes away, but can still be hear quietly.

It sounds like it is coming from the engine area, but I am not yet 100 percent certain. My mazda is very new with only 8500 km/s on her, so its baffling my mind what could be wrong!

Any opinions/help would be very appreciated! I'm bringing her in the shop for an oil change in a week, so I will ask about this issue.

Thank you,

Jackie

My first thought is that something plastic has cracked due to the cold and is making that sound. Check the grill area, around the fascia etc. Also check your shield underneath. You make have hit something inadvertent that loosened it or broke it. I doubt it is the engine itself. Another item is your engine top cover. Make sure it’s secure.

TBH, if this rumbling is “very loud”, how long will you keep driving it before getting it looked at. Even if somebody could pinpoint a noise over a forum, you could be causing endless damage. Don’t wait for the off chance that someone will provide a solution, get it in dock.

TBH, if this rumbling is “very loud”, how long will you keep driving it before getting it looked at. Even if somebody could pinpoint a noise over a forum, you could be causing endless damage. Don’t wait for the off chance that someone will provide a solution, get it in dock.

Totally agree with this.

I would pull over and inspect ASAP>>> Or bring to someone who can do it for you.

Oh don't worry, I have it sitting in my driveway until she gets in the shop on the 3rd. I'm not taking any chances!

Back