Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 GT - Entering Nav Destination by Voice

Mazda CX-9 Signature 2018

Quote Originally Posted by grahamb View Post
    Thanks guys. I’ve tried all of these things and nothing seems to work. The system definitely recognizes what I’m saying, but says it’s not available; strange. I’ll bring it up with the dealer.

If anyone comes up with a solution post it here.

1) Enter vehicle.
    2) Remove nav data SD card.
    3) Press start button once. Allow CMU to fully boot. Command control over to Navigation and wait for system to tell you that Navigation is not installed.
    4) Rest CMU: Simultaneously press and hold Back Button + Mute Button | Navigation Button. Wait for screen to go blank before releasing all three.
    5) Allow system to restart/reboot without the nave data SD card inserted.
    6) Press start button twice and wait for CMU to shut down fully.
    7) Insert nav data SD card.
    8) Start engine. Wait for CMU to fully boot. Command control over to Navigation and confirm that nav data is not being recognized by the system (no more navigation is not installed message).

From here, just start your voice command entry process by pressing the button on your steering wheel and waiting for voice prompt instructions. Use the list of Voice Commands available within the Mazda Connect System given to you by another member of this forum above. Or, just test the system using one of the commands you see on screen. But, you need to wait for the Prompt!

Registered Member

2018 mazda cx-5 touring

Hello,

I am having the same issue in my 2018 cx5. it continually tells me input address by voice not available, parked.. driving.. stopped.. engine running or stopped makes no difference. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

thank for your help.

CX-5 2017 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by CJ4 View Post
    1) Enter vehicle.
    2) Remove nav data SD card.
    3) Press start button once. Allow CMU to fully boot. Command control over to Navigation and wait for system to tell you that Navigation is not installed.
    4) Rest CMU: Simultaneously press and hold Back Button + Mute Button | Navigation Button. Wait for screen to go blank before releasing all three.
    5) Allow system to restart/reboot without the nave data SD card inserted.
    6) Press start button twice and wait for CMU to shut down fully.
    7) Insert nav data SD card.
    8) Start engine. Wait for CMU to fully boot. Command control over to Navigation and confirm that nav data is not being recognized by the system (no more navigation is not installed message).

From here, just start your voice command entry process by pressing the button on your steering wheel and waiting for voice prompt instructions. Use the list of Voice Commands available within the Mazda Connect System given to you by another member of this forum above. Or, just test the system using one of the commands you see on screen. But, you need to wait for the Prompt!
    So there all the CX5 's coming out of the dealership should have undergone this procedure so the NAV voice command will function properly?

Quote Originally Posted by SixPackABS View Post
    So there all the CX5 's coming out of the dealership should have undergone this procedure so the NAV voice command will function properly?
    No. That's simply to reset the CMU with a fresh uptake of the navdata, if you want to. Based on what the OP stated, it does not seem as if they are waiting for the command prompt which is required in order to get the system to acknowledge the input by voice. I use this feature all the time in my CX-9. It is especially nice when I want to enter a waypoint between where I am at present and my final destination while driving. Works great, but I have to wait for the system to prompt me before I can use voice inputs. It is not really difficult to use - in fact, it is rather easy. Not sure why this is not working for the OP, but they can reset the entire system with the above.

Registered Member

CX-9

I know to wait for the prompt. Every other voice command seems to work. I can get to navigation, I can make a call, I can enter a specific FM or XM channel, etc. But I can't enter an address. Here's the sequence.

I press the voice prompt button on the steering wheel.
    System says, "Please say a command, [BEEP]."

I say any of these -
    "Address"
    "Navigate to an address"
    "Destination"
    "Address 1 Main Street XYZ, New Jersey"
    "Navigate to 1 Main Street XYZ, New Jersey"
    "Destination 1 Main Street XYZ, New Jersey"

To each of these commands, the system replies - "Entering destination by voice is not currently available."

So it is clearly recognizing what I'm trying to do. It knows that I'm saying an address, but it just won't take it.

I've tried starting in the nav window, within sub-menus in nav window, from the home screen, from the audio window, etc. All with the same result.

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOOOM mazdadude's Avatar

'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD, '05 PRIUS

I know to wait for the prompt. Every other voice command seems to work. I can get to navigation, I can make a call, I can enter a specific FM or XM channel, etc. But I can't enter an address. Here's the sequence.

I press the voice prompt button on the steering wheel.
    System says, "Please say a command, [BEEP]."

I say any of these -
    "Address"
    "Navigate to an address"
    "Destination"
    "Address 1 Main Street XYZ, New Jersey"
    "Navigate to 1 Main Street XYZ, New Jersey"
    "Destination 1 Main Street XYZ, New Jersey"

To each of these commands, the system replies - "Entering destination by voice is not currently available."

So it is clearly recognizing what I'm trying to do. It knows that I'm saying an address, but it just won't take it.

I've tried starting in the nav window, within sub-menus in nav window, from the home screen, from the audio window, etc. All with the same result.
    TRY THIS!

Press button on wheel, wait for the prompt, say the word "NAVIGATION"
    then proceed with your voice address input.
    Mazda's I have owned over the years.
    80' Mazda GLC SPORT MT - sold
    81' Mazda 626 DX MT - sold
    81' Mazda 626 LX AT - sold
    82' Mazda 626 DX MT - sold
    82' Mazda 626 LX AT - sold
    85' Mazda 626 LX MT - sold
    87' Mazda 626 GT Turbo MT - sold
    85' Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE MT- sold
    87' Mazda RX-7 Turbo 2 MT - sold
    91' Mazda Protege LX MT - sold
    92' Mazda MX-5 Miata MT - sold
    93' Mazda MX-3 GS-V6 Special Edition MT - sold
    00' Mazda 626 LX-V6 MT - sold
    02.5' Mazda Protege5 MT - sold
    92' Mazda MX-5 Miata MT - sold
    06' Mazda 5 Touring AT - sold
    13' Mazda CX-5 Touring AT - sold
    14' Mazda 3i Grand Touring MT - sold
    15' Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD AT - sold
    03' Mazda Protege5 AT - sold
    16.5' Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD AT - current
    09' Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT - current

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by mazdadude View Post
    TRY THIS!

Press button on wheel, wait for the prompt, say the word "NAVIGATION"
    then proceed with your voice address input.
    Do you mean all in one statement?

“NAVIGATION 1 Main Street XYZ, NJ”

Do you mean all in one statement?

“NAVIGATION 1 Main Street XYZ, NJ”

No not like that. Is 3 separate commands.

Voice command button press #1 " NAVIGATION"
    voice command button press #2 " DRIVE TO AN ADDRESS "
    you should then be prompted for an address by NAV unit..." 1 Main St XYZ NJ

Here is a how to video from a dealer network...
    Last edited by mazdadude; 01-12-2018 at 04:47 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

CX-5 2017 GT AWD

@mazdadude
    Yes that is possible. The that is not is commands like "Navigate to Walmart"

Registered Member

CX-9

Thanks guys. I tried both of your suggestions plus what the video shows, which is slightly different. Same result. It recognizes what I want to do but says, “Entering destination by voice is not currently available.”

Thanks guys. I tried both of your suggestions plus what the video shows, which is slightly different. Same result. It recognizes what I want to do but says, “Entering destination by voice is not currently available.”
    I would try the Hard reset that CJ4 posted above, and if that fails, bring to the dealer for them to repair.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by mazdadude View Post
    I would try the Hard reset that CJ4 posted above, and if that fails, bring to the dealer for them to repair.
    Yup, tried that too. Will bring it up at dealer at first oil change.

Registered Member

2018 mazda cx-5 touring

I was at the dealer with my 2018 cx-5 ... dealer tried to update GPS because of the voice address input unavailable issue. GPS had the newest update..the dealer could not figure out why..They went to several new 2018 cx-5 and cx-9s and tried to input an address via voice..all vehicles provided the same issue. The dealer is contacting mazda next week in hopes for a fix.. seems all units if the 2018 are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by mogley View Post
    I was at the dealer with my 2018 cx-5 ... dealer tried to update GPS because of the voice address input unavailable issue. GPS had the newest update..the dealer could not figure out why..They went to several new 2018 cx-5 and cx-9s and tried to input an address via voice..all vehicles provided the same issue. The dealer is contacting mazda next week in hopes for a fix.. seems all units if the 2018 are affected.
    UH-OH! Thanks for the update. That would certainly make the most sense... Sounds like some crafty hacker got into the NAVTEQ software and changed some code...

Quote Originally Posted by SixPackABS View Post
    @mazdadude
    Yes that is possible. The that is not is commands like "Navigate to Walmart"
    I used "Find Nearest Ritz Carlton Hotel" and the system found the two nearest Ritz and allowed me to insert them as waypoints between where I was at the moment and my final destination. The system then placed a Yellow Flag on the map representing the Ritz Carlton Hotel, as distinguished from the Checkered Flag for the final destination. I had a salad at the Ritz overlooking the ocean and then got back on the road and picked up my final destination which was a roadside barbecue house.

All accomplished while coming out of a neighborhood I had never been in before about 40 miles away prior.

The system works great. If you are continually being denied its benefits, it might be time to see the dealer. Prior to heading to the dealer however, I'd give this one last try: http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.c...anguage=en-NA#

I dread ever having to visit a dealership for any vehicle I own. Things really seem to go down hill after the dealer touches my vehicles for some 'odd' (probably planned) reason.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast