Android Auto installed. Mazda CX9 Turbo

cubanomx

:
Mazda CX9 2016 GT AWD
Hi.

I installed the last AIO tweak yesterday and added Video Player and Android Auto to my Mazda Cx9 AWD 2016 2.5L GT. Is not stable yet and need some fine tuning but I was able to test Waze, Google Maps and a better phone interface in my Mazda.

Pretty cool. There is still issues and I will need to play a little to get a more convenient connection method.

Anyone has been using the last AIO for Android Auto in the Mazda?

I will share some pics in few minutes.

and the new speedometer and videoplayer are cool as well. it's nice to give a better use to the big screen we have in our cx9.

Hi.

I installed the last AIO tweak yesterday and added Video Player and Android Auto to my Mazda Cx9 AWD 2016 2.5L GT. Is not stable yet and need some fine tuning but I was able to test Waze, Google Maps and a better phone interface in my Mazda.

Pretty cool. There is still issues and I will need to play a little to get a more convenient connection method.

Anyone has been using the last AIO for Android Auto in the Mazda?

I will share some pics in few minutes.

and the new speedometer and videoplayer are cool as well. it's nice to give a better use to the big screen we have in our cx9.

Doesn't that void any warranty on your infotainment system if you do that kind of install?

Any updates on this?
Thanks

I has been using waze on daily basis with Android Auto in my Mazda. I figure it out:

- android auto don't work with wifi or bluetooth, only the usb cable
- I need to connect my phone with an usb cable to the center console.
- as soon as I connect the smartphone, android auto is launched inmediately. zero fails
- to avoid issues, I turn ON the car, check bluetooth and gps is enabled on the phone and wait one minute before connect the usb cable.
- I'm able to switch between Mazda system and Android audio without problem, but I avoid that.
- in Android auto, everything works as expected (google maps, waze, audio, phone calls, bluetooth, etc)

bugs:

- not always, but from time to time when I put Reverse and the screen shows the backup camera, I cannot go back to android auto.

video player works good as well.

really nice to drive using waze with the big screen! and the phone interface is 3x times better in android auto!

I will upload pics tomorrow. any website to upload the photos so I will be able to put links here? because I cannot do that with dropbox anymore.

Would love to see some pics of how it looks!

Here a couple of pics. No so nice at night but you can see how works without problem. the 2nd pic show you can switch between google maps and waze in a second!

sorry for the bad Iphone pic quality. I would like to take the photo with my samsung but is in use in Android Auto. Will try to upload a video.

1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvq55qkcvdatuax/1.jpg?dl=0

2.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyvv62tvt09s8qc/2.jpg?dl=0

Here a couple of pics. No so nice at night but you can see how works without problem. the 2nd pic show you can switch between google maps and waze in a second!

sorry for the bad Iphone pic quality. I would like to take the photo with my samsung but is in use in Android Auto. Will try to upload a video.

1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvq55qkcvdatuax/1.jpg?dl=0

2.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyvv62tvt09s8qc/2.jpg?dl=0

Looks like the AIO installs don't work on the 2018 CX-9s'. Plugged in the USB drive with the software but nothing happened.

Looks like the AIO installs don't work on the 2018 CX-9s'. Plugged in the USB drive with the software but nothing happened.

It will work, but the '18s are coming preloaded with v502. Access to the CMU to serial in is the only way.

It finally warmed up in the northeast, so I'll be giving it a shot this weekend.

Did you remove the Navigation SD card first? With the car off, eject the SD card, turn on the car in accessory mode, then insert USB drive. When I first started playing around with mods/tweaks I had similar problem and it was solved by making sure that SD card had been ejected first.

It will work, but the '18s are coming preloaded with v502. Access to the CMU to serial in is the only way.

It finally warmed up in the northeast, so I'll be giving it a shot this weekend.
I thought it was just the AIO Tweaks app that doesn't work on v502+? Other tweaks/mods should work, including installation of Android Auto (I've been using AA and several other mods and I'm on v504 right now, though I did initially install them when my CMU was at v441).

Can anyone confirm this? If so, is there another way to get Android Auto or to apply tweaks using the USB to my 2018 CX-9?

Can anyone confirm this? If so, is there another way to get Android Auto or to apply tweaks using the USB to my 2018 CX-9?

This is doable by access to serial port of the CMU. I have been doing extensive research re this and would be happy to provide a step by step instruction for people that are interested. I have already done it for my 2018 Mazda 6 and the same procedure works for all Mazda models including the CX-9. However, the first step is to get access to the serial port (i.e. back of the CMU of the infotainment system). So, it will have to be partially removed. In other Mazda models, the CMU can slide out once the AC strip is removed. However, with the CX-9, the CMU appears to be surrounded by part of the dash that seems to be fixed.

So, my question is... does anyone know how to remove the CMU in the CX-9? do we need to remove the fixed part of the dash? or can we pop out the base of the CMU? As soon as I have an answer to this, I would be happy to post a complete step by step instruction. I will include whatever information given about getting access to the CMU.

Haven't popped into the forum in a while... I did the AIO tweak about 2 years ago but Android Auto didn't seem to install at that time.

I just tried again with the new version and man I wish I did it earlier. Way better user interface.

Two small quirks are that if I unplug my phone or quit I'm unable to bring AA back without restarting the head unit or car, and I'm not certain about the audio quality but it seems possible it's worse than Bluetooth? It's odd that Google Assistant's voice sounds so low bitrate.

Back