Window switches on 2018

Controlling windows by fob is not a common feature here. Primarily reserved for luxury cars.

As for folding mirrors, they are becoming common place here in recent times

My 2007 Mazda 6 Sport has fob control to lower windows. I've assumed (without any facts. . .) that the loss of the feature relates to keyless ignition and possibly anti-theft issues, but I do enjoy being able to let the hot air out of the car without having to get in and put the key in the ignition. I'm hoping to upgrade to a CX-5 this year. If anyone wants a low mileage (60k miles) 2007 I4 manual 5 speed hatchback, let me know.

My 2007 Mazda 6 Sport has fob control to lower windows. I've assumed (without any facts. . .) that the loss of the feature relates to keyless ignition and possibly anti-theft issues, but I do enjoy being able to let the hot air out of the car without having to get in and put the key in the ignition. I'm hoping to upgrade to a CX-5 this year. If anyone wants a low mileage (60k miles) 2007 I4 manual 5 speed hatchback, let me know.

Would be good to have considering the fob still exists now.

I am aware that the 4 power windows switch are lit on the drives door.

Can another owner advise if their power windows lock switch and if you have it the auto-fold mirror switch on the drivers door are lit at night (uhm)

(cheers2)

Im heading to the front of the plant here in a bit. I am going to check because i have auto up down in my CX-5. I have never check to see if they are lit, nor does it really matter. In my Ram, i spent a decent amount of time trying to reduce lighting as it gets old on the back country roads at night. I prefer the darker cabin. One thing i would change on this ride is the pillars and ceiling. I miss having it all blacked out. Plus the tan gets dirty on the pillars...

back on topic, i will see what i have.

One touch up and down on all four controls and backlit. 2018 US Touring Model with "Premium Package"

d98ea872b6a2de16dd8b2c46ed598a6f.jpg
ad3f9f9e2528bc2f354aaa9f8c96e186.jpg

Last edited:
if anyone has taken the switch off from the door couldn't you just move the driver's 2-stage switch and see if it plugs into say the passenger switch to see if it works or doesn't?

I am sure that would work, but the 18 model doesnhave one touch you and down on all windows and switches.
if anyone has taken the switch off from the door couldn't you just move the driver's 2-stage switch and see if it plugs into say the passenger switch to see if it works or doesn't?

yeah the 17 only has the driver, maybe passenger too not sure, definitely not the rear windows though.

yeah the 17 only has the driver, maybe passenger too not sure, definitely not the rear windows though.

Illumination kicked in on 2018 for you guys when all windows became auto up/down

Back