Window switches on 2018

SndChsr

:
2017 CX-5 GT
I have a 2017 GT and my brother just picked up a 2018. One thing that I wish I had is illuminated 2-stage power window switches which I don't have. Wouldn't they be interchangeable? I mean, the only thing different would be the switch itself right? Plug would be the same or am I mistaken? I'm thinking of waiting a bit until people start smashing them up and then picking up switches for all 4 door from a junk yard and replacing mine. Does anyone know of these would be swappable?

Thank you!

Wouldn't a control unit also need to be modified so that the 2 stage function works (uhm)

> I wish I had is illuminated 2-stage power window switches

My guess is that, Mazda is using the window panel from Mazda6 now.
My '16 Mazda6 GT has what was described by the OP.

Sorry for the dumb question but 2 stage means... (uhm)
2-stage power window switch is for one-touch open-close function. The first stage position either you push-down or pull-up the rocker switch is acting as non-one-touch mode, once you past resistance to the second stage, it activates one-touch function.

I have a 2017 GT and my brother just picked up a 2018. One thing that I wish I had is illuminated 2-stage power window switches which I don't have. Wouldn't they be interchangeable? I mean, the only thing different would be the switch itself right? Plug would be the same or am I mistaken? I'm thinking of waiting a bit until people start smashing them up and then picking up switches for all 4 door from a junk yard and replacing mine. Does anyone know of these would be swappable?

Thank you!
Glad Mazda has finally implemented the one-touch open/close power window function to all 4 windows on CX-5! Illuminated switch means that particular window has one-touch open/close function. Unfortunately its not just switches, ecah power window motor needs to have anti-pinch capability, and additional control module and wiring harness are also required.

But Im afraid this feature is only for Canadians, just like memory seat on 2016.5 CX-5, or like paddle shifter on 2018 CX-5?!

Wouldn't a control unit also need to be modified so that the 2 stage function works (uhm)

I thought that it's just a switch. First position on the switch stops when let go, second position keeps the power to the motor. Not sure myself lol

Glad Mazda has finally implemented the one-touch open/close power window function to all 4 windows on CX-5! Illuminated switch means that particular window has one-touch open/close function. Unfortunately it’s not just switches, ecah power window motor needs to have anti-pinch capability, and additional control module and wiring harness are also required.

But I’m afraid this feature is only for Canadians, just like memory seat on 2016.5 CX-5, or like paddle shifter on 2018 CX-5?!

Thanks for the clarification! :)

2-stage power window switch is for one-touch open-close function. The first stage position either you push-down or pull-up the rocker switch is acting as non-one-touch mode, once you past resistance to the second stage, it activates one-touch function.
Ahh I know this. Mazda 3s have had this for ages. Thanks for the information :)

I thought that it's just a switch. First position on the switch stops when let go, second position keeps the power to the motor. Not sure myself lol

I think the motor is different or at least has an extra part to it. The switch has to have a feedback to know when to stop the motor so if your window is more than 1/2 way down it wont' try to crank the window for the full window length.

........or read a pdf! The control module uses Hall switches which sense current flow. When the window reaches the end of the stroke or an object is detected obstructing the movement, the unit senses the change in current flow and backs the power off.

Well I guess if the entire module is self contained, he could buy one. Trouble is it would be nice on a sale or return business. All four switches on mine are auto up and down and illuminated so to bring it to that standard it would need them all. Mazda won’t pay, that’s the US spec and just like I can’t have the drive away locking, it’s tough luck.

Glad Mazda has finally implemented the one-touch open/close power window function to all 4 windows on CX-5!

While we're on this one I'm trying to refresh my memory on the features missing in the US version of CX-5 that are already available in the Australia/Europe/Canada markets:

1. SCBS Reverse
2. Side-view cameras
3. Parking sensors
4. i-ELOOP
5. one-touch non-driver power windows

Did I miss any? (I'm sure Xeler8ing will have a few more on the list to make us more jealous!)

Just hoping some - if not all - of the above will be introduced in the US perhaps 19 MY. I'm more interested in 1 & 2.

While we're on this one I'm trying to refresh my memory on the features missing in the US version of CX-5 that are already available in the Australia/Europe/Canada markets:

1. SCBS Reverse
2. Side-view cameras
3. Parking sensors
4. i-ELOOP

Did I miss any? (I'm sure Xeler8ing will have a few more on the list to make us more jealous!)

Just hoping some - if not all - of the above will be introduced in the US perhaps 19 MY. I'm more interested in 1 & 2.
Adaptive LED Headlamps (ALH)
Power Folding Mirrors on all models
Paddle shifters (not available here)

Last edited:
Adaptive LED Headlamps (ALH)
Power Folding Mirrors on all models

I think we have ALH, if what you mean is the lights changing direction in association with steering wheel movement / car's traveling direction, or ALH means more than that?

Ah, power folding mirrors of course. Didn't realize we're so behind!

I think we have ALH, if what you mean is the lights changing direction in association with steering wheel movement / car's traveling direction, or ALH means more than that?

Ah, power folding mirrors of course. Didn't realize we're so behind!
You have Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) which is that and is available on our 2nd from top of range (GT). ALH is on our top spec Akera and it it provides individual control of several LEDs allows precise adjustment of the lighting pattern. The system automatically broadens visibility at low speeds, shapes the high beam to help avoid dazzling other drivers and raises beam height at highway speeds to extend vision area.

1. SCBS Reverse
2. Side-view cameras
3. Parking sensors
4. i-ELOOP

Missing features for US CX-5:

1. One-touch open/close non-driver power windows with illuminated switches.
2. Side-view camera.
3. Backup Camera with trajectory dynamic guidelines.
4. Front and rear parking sensors integrated with backup camera on infotainment screen.
5. Power folding outside rear-view mirrors.
6. CD/DVD player.
7. Center dash vents open/close dial control.
8. Adaptive LED Headlights - ALH.
9. Rear fog light.
10. Front and rear fog light indicators in instrument cluster.
11. Glove compartment light.
12. Foot area courtesy lights.
13. Paddle shifters.
14. SCBS Forward/Reverse.
15. i-stop.
16. i-ELOOP.

Back