Is anyone still awake? HELP PLEASE?!

nat4u

:
2012 mazda 6 v6
Hi there everyone,
This is my first time posting.
Last week I went away for a trip and had my mazda parked underground for 4 days. I came back and the car would not start. I had to call CAA and get a boost. I figured that I was so excited about my trip that maybe I didnt notice I left a light on in my car and thats what drained the battery.

I drove to work and parked outside for 8 hours and it started up just fine. I

The next day in the morning, I went to work again, no problem. After 8 hours of work again, went outside and my car wont start again. This time Im 100% sure I did not leave a light on.

Went home.

The next morning, my car would not start again. Called CAA again. This time the guy tested the battery and said that the battery is good! He said that I must be leaving a light on and I said no...I didnt. Then he said it may be a circuit that tricking the vehicle to make it think there is a light on and thats whats draining my battery OR its a shortage somewhere...

Right now Im so confused....I have no idea what it could be and I dont have that much money to just go anywhere to get this fixed.

I start it regular, it acts like it is going to start but doesnt. The lights turn on but thats it....it will not start.

Has anyone had this problem before? I could understand if its the cold weather but it happens in the underground parking too?

Help please....any suggestions as what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance

Had a similar experience with my CX5.. for me two things were happening...

1). I had place transmission in neutral and pressed the start/stop button then placed in park; so the “system” would stay on for the default 20 min before shutting down...

&

2). I have an ODBII port device “BlueDriver”. (If you don’t have one check it out via YouTube) anyway, I left that plugged in and it drained the battery.. I’ve sisnce worked with the company and they wrote a new firmware to keep it from happening. So if you have some thing similar or something plugged in the ODBII port check that..

Other then that go to the dealer and see if they can check for a drain somewhere....

Good luck.

SixpackABS =
I would only be concerned if you left it plugged in overnight. The developers at BlueDriver said after I sent them diagnostic reports showed that the Mazda OBDII Port has a lead that is constantly hot (on for power) so the Bluetooth part of the dongle was constantly going... they BlueDriver updated the firmware so make it shutdown so it no longer drains the battery.

Nat4u = did you ever find the cause..?

The Ultragauge Blue is supposed to be plugged all the time for convenience...... might just hold on to that plan for now. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hi there everyone,
This is my first time posting.
Last week I went away for a trip and had my mazda parked underground for 4 days. I came back and the car would not start. I had to call CAA and get a boost. I figured that I was so excited about my trip that maybe I didnt notice I left a light on in my car and thats what drained the battery.

I drove to work and parked outside for 8 hours and it started up just fine. I

The next day in the morning, I went to work again, no problem. After 8 hours of work again, went outside and my car wont start again. This time Im 100% sure I did not leave a light on.

Went home.

The next morning, my car would not start again. Called CAA again. This time the guy tested the battery and said that the battery is good! He said that I must be leaving a light on and I said no...I didnt. Then he said it may be a circuit that tricking the vehicle to make it think there is a light on and thats whats draining my battery OR its a shortage somewhere...

Right now Im so confused....I have no idea what it could be and I dont have that much money to just go anywhere to get this fixed.

I start it regular, it acts like it is going to start but doesnt. The lights turn on but thats it....it will not start.

Has anyone had this problem before? I could understand if its the cold weather but it happens in the underground parking too?

Help please....any suggestions as what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance

Despite what the guy said, when a battery gets old, it does not hold charges.
My Mazda3 was 3+ yr old when it started to show similar issue. I had to jump it a couple times with my Mazda6.
No problem. Let it idle for 20 mins.
The next day, it refused to start again.
All problem solved after a new battery.

Back