2008 Mazda 6i Touring 2.3 L Transmission Fluid Pan Capacity

JohnJJohnson

:
2008 Mazda 6
Hi everyone, I'm currently in the middle of changing my transmission fluid on my 08 mazda 6. Before starting the job I looked up information online/videos on how much fluid comes out of the transmission pan when draining. The numbers are all over the place. Some people say 1.5 qts and others say 3 qts. From eyeballing it I think it is more than 2 qt but I don't want to play around with it. Does anyone know exactly how much fluid does the transmission pan hold? Or has anyone done the transmission fluid replacement and know exactly how much you have to add after draining by removing the drain plug from the transmission pan? Thanks everyone.

Hi everyone, I'm currently in the middle of changing my transmission fluid on my 08 mazda 6. Before starting the job I looked up information online/videos on how much fluid comes out of the transmission pan when draining. The numbers are all over the place. Some people say 1.5 qts and others say 3 qts. From eyeballing it I think it is more than 2 qt but I don't want to play around with it. Does anyone know exactly how much fluid does the transmission pan hold? Or has anyone done the transmission fluid replacement and know exactly how much you have to add after draining by removing the drain plug from the transmission pan? Thanks everyone.

Different amounts of fluid will come out depending on how warm your transmissiom is before you drain it. The warmer it is, the most fluid will come out. You’ll just have to keep adding until it overflows a little.

Back