New to the Mazda5

RallyFlowBro

:
2010 Mazda 5 Manual Transmission
Hey guys, just made the awesome purchase of a 2010 Mazda5 94k miles with a 5 speed manual. This is my first Mazda.I had a 2001 Saturn Sw2 5 speed with 206k miles.All I have to say is that this mazda was a perfect choice for me I have 4 young children and love the manual life.This thing handles exceptionally well and has more pep then you'd think a miniminivan would have.

I do need to perform a bit a maintenance and go through all the fluids and perform an in-depth mechanical check. I jumped on the opportunity to own a manual transmission one literally 2 days after driving my father's automatic transmission one.

I do plan on modifying it a little bit(here's that to do list). Wheels are definitely going to be painted at the very least bronze or black. Axle-back exhaust at the very least it needs a little more sound depth(headers if I can swing em for the right price). It needs a roof rack hopefully I can get my hands on a stock one. Fog lights are on my radar if I can even find the housings, mounts, and wiring harness. Maybe an intake even though intakes do close to nothing. Then upgrading the brake calipers all the way around with speed3 calipers and steel braided lines. Then eventually coilovers for a minimal drop nothing too extreme as I live in Pennsylvania and the Roads here are devastated after winter with Salt.

I hope to have this bad boy for several years to come. Hopefully with the help of this forum I'll be able to maintain it well above 200k.
eda7b3a906ffcc85c9c3ccd8d851889e.jpg
b2d6572016a8e157deb5747501301240.jpg

Welcome

It’s beautiful

We have had ours new since 2012. Couldn’t do it with 4 kids, but it’s fine for 2 kids

I have Ms3 wheels on mine from day one
And have a roof rack and 21 cubic feet Thule rack for road trips with 6 people

I had packed 4 kids into mine all the way until last year, or a good 7 years. With all the seats up, road trips are not really an easy adventure, but its great getting around town, and the MT gets better city mpgs than pretty much any other 6+seater, so when its full, the cost per person is about the best you can get.

Thanks guys and yeah gas mileage and the way it rides it's part of the reason i got it. It does need a bit of body work. There are a few dents and scrapes on it from the previous owner but it's mechanically sound.

Hey Phila guy! Do you own/work at the shop or just getting car inspected? Looks clean in the pics. My car was pristine when I first got it, now it’s all dinged up and none of it is my doing :(

Hey! No idon't work there I just visit frequently. It was getting a clean up it's my dad's buddies shop. And it's dinged up it's got scrapes along the back bumper door dings and is scratched up in a couple of spots. I'm planning on respraying it.

unless you have connection, don't bother respraying. invest in some bumper guards (even these won't protect you from door dings). bump parking is a very real and the city is full of 'ignant' people. many times I've witness people swinging their doors open with full force and seem to blame other car for getting in their way of opening their door... Guessing you are in the NE or nicer surrounding suburbs?

North East Philly. And yeah I get what you mean. Guess the little bumps are the battle scars of city life. Originally from the terrible part of Philly towards the Kensington area. As soon as I was able to I moved away from that especially with having young kids. Definitely going to be pushing to move towards the burbs.

Back