LAS (Lane Keep Assist System) who has Lane Trace?

Ran across an interesting Mazda website describing (I guess) a more advanced LAS system that my 2018 CX-9 has got.

http://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/technology/safety/active_safety/las/

Anyone know what (if any) Mazdas have LANE TRACE? (Or will this be 2019?)

Yea. It gives you nudge to the position you have to be. Almost like the lane keep assist, but its more apparent. When on the curve or on straight road, when you are close to the side, right before it vibrates for let you know you are leaving the lane, you feel it try to steer you back on track. Cool feature to help combat fatigue.

Yea. It gives you nudge to the position you have to be. Cool feature to help combat fatigue.

If you're not paying attention, it's a cool feature to keep you in the alignment shop, LoL.

I posted this in a different thread:
A friend of mine knows a guy that has something like it. He shut his off after getting creamed by potholes. 🕳 🚗

Last edited:
Today I purchased a 2018 CX5 Touring edition and was quite excited to try out Lane Trace which is described here http://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/technology/safety/active_safety/las/.

After contacting Mazda they confirmed that this feature is not available in the USA and the correct website to reference was MazdaUSA.com. It's a bit frustrating that the Mazda.com website has an English version which I received based on it detecting my location and still provided me with inaccurate features. It does appear the technology is available in Australia and looks amazing. My guess is all the negative publicity surrounding Tesla accidents has them waiting to deploy this technology in the USA.

Today I purchased a 2018 CX5 Touring edition and was quite excited to try out Lane Trace which is described here http://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/technology/safety/active_safety/las/.

After contacting Mazda they confirmed that this feature is not available in the USA and the correct website to reference was MazdaUSA.com. It's a bit frustrating that the Mazda.com website has an English version which I received based on it detecting my location and still provided me with inaccurate features. It does appear the technology is available in Australia and looks amazing. My guess is all the negative publicity surrounding Tesla accidents has them waiting to deploy this technology in the USA.

I also confirmed with Mazda corporate that Lane Trace is not available in the US unfortunately. 2018 GT here.

I posted a similar question late last year concerning "Lane Trace" - (which I also saw on the same Mazda Website as you.)

Here's a few of my observations concerning this subject...

It is likely Mazda's name for what other auto manufacturers call "Pilot Assist II" (Volvo), or "ProPilot" (Nissan), or "Super Cruise" (Cadillac), or many others "semi-autonomous" steering systems. These systems are the next step up from Mazda's (and other's) "Lane Keep Assist (which only nudges you back toward the center of the lane AFTER you across the lane markers). These newer systems never let you drift sideways across the lane markers in the first place, clearly a much better approach. Combined with Adaptive Cruise Control, working together, they are generally considered Level 2 "semi-autonomous" driving systems (Almost like Tesla's "Autopilot").

I have driven a Volvo with this feature, I find it at the top of my list for my next vehicle, and hopefully that will be a 2019 (or 2020) CX-9 with "Lane Trace".

NOTE - If you are the least bit interested in this whole subject, you should watch this very interesting youtube video about a young man who has added a "semi-autonomous" driving system on his Honda! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF3sgSctpwA

Our MDX has a semi-autonomous LKAS. The front-mounted cameras will keep the vehicle centered in the lane of travel, even around some gentle curves. However, if you keep your hands off the steering wheel too long it will alert you to this, and if it doesn't sense any driver input after that it will turn the system off. It will also only work above 45mph, which I find somewhat silly.

Back