Favorite tire dressing for those who like dressing.

:
Mazda CX5 Touring with PEP
I'm currently trying some Meguires Hotshine tire coating is what it is called. Less than impressed so far. Use Black Magic bleach white tire cleaner on dry tires, wait until they dry and then apply the coating.

Have a gel from Black Magic called tire wet or something like that sitting around the garage, apply with a sponge applicator, not supposed to sling off.

The tire coating seems to wash off with just rain water, Waste of time and product.

I use a meguiars product that is purple and smells of grape. Don't remember the name. Definitely hasnt washed off in the rain but doesn't last as long as advertised.

The best commercially available one I’ve come across is AutoGlym although I use a trade one most of the time. None of them last very long I’m afraid.

I use a meguiars product that is purple and smells of grape. Don't remember the name

Meguiars-EnduranceTireGel-16oz.jpg

Not a fan of this product. It doesn't really last in rain, but it will leave a residue that eventually turns brown and requires some noxious chemical power to remove, negating any convenience. This is true of the oil based dressings.

Water based is the way to go. I like Meg's hyper dressing. It's aimed at detailers so its sold in large quantities (fill a spray bottle) but you can use it on trim pieces in addition to the tires. Fairly paint friendly too.

Duragloss all the way for high gloss. A derailed friend recommended it to me and I have been very impressed.

How long does it last for may I ask (uhm)

I wish I had a good answer but my cars are not driven daily on a repeated basis. With every other dressing, I freshen pet it up every detail, especially if in rain. With the DG, that is simply not needed. I imagine I freshen it every 3-4th wash.

Meguiars Hyper Dressing. I have used a lot of different tire dressings, and this is the ONLY I have found where you wipe it on with a tire applicator, it dries quickly, and will not sling all!

Back