Favorite tire dressing for those who like dressing.

Meguiars Hyper Dressing. I have used a lot of different tire dressings, and this is the ONLY I have found where you wipe it on with a tire applicator, it dries quickly, and will not sling all!

AUD $100 and upwards

This is the only product I use on the tires and external trim. It has a matte finish and dries to the touch in less than 5 minutes, no sling.

It will last about 3-4 weeks and doesn’t attract dirt and brake dust.
3a8b40321ab083749da31c43d3f72823.jpg

This is the only product I use on the tires and external trim. It has a matte finish and dries to the touch in less than 5 minutes, no sling.

It will last about 3-4 weeks and doesnt attract dirt and brake dust.
3a8b40321ab083749da31c43d3f72823.jpg

You wouldn't use their dedicated product (uhm)

Screen_Shot_2017_11_17_at_5_50_58_pm_2048x2048.png

VRT all the way.... unless you prefer the wet shine look... I don’t.

Both are very good products though.

Thinking of getting this for wet shine look.

Seems promising judging by what I have seen and read

Have read somewhere, unconfirmed claims, that this stuff ain't good for the rubber.

Even though it looks shiny it causes quicker deterioration.

Anyone care to comment?

Have read somewhere, unconfirmed claims, that this stuff ain't good for the rubber.

Even though it looks shiny it causes quicker deterioration.

Anyone care to comment?

Been using one form or another for close to 30 years with no such issues.

I call rubbish information by who ever is reporting this.

Not a fan of this product. It doesn't really last in rain, but it will leave a residue that eventually turns brown and requires some noxious chemical power to remove, negating any convenience. This is true of the oil based dressings.

Water based is the way to go. I like Meg's hyper dressing. It's aimed at detailers so its sold in large quantities (fill a spray bottle) but you can use it on trim pieces in addition to the tires. Fairly paint friendly too.

Uh oh. This is what I have been using. Can I ask what that noxious chemical is? Seems I better be using it

I have used Pinnacle Black Onyx Gel which lasts 3 - 4 weeks. You can vary the shine by applying additional coats. Have not had any real product sling unless I went really crazy applying the product. This too smells grape fruity like Meguiars.

pinnacle-black-onyx-tire-gel-38.gif

Back