CX-5 Beauty Shot Thread

I saw Denver for the first time in October on the drive from Toronto to LA. I only saw a few blocks around Coors field but that was enough to get a really positive impression of the city.

I saw Denver for the first time in October on the drive from Toronto to LA. I only saw a few blocks around Coors field but that was enough to get a really positive impression of the city.

I love it here, but I am actually not big on going downtown anymore if I can help it. I think downtown was a lot nicer 5+ years ago.

I love it here, but I am actually not big on going downtown anymore if I can help it. I think downtown was a lot nicer 5+ years ago.

I spent a lot of time in the Golden area (Denver West) throughout the 1990's. From the beginning of that decade to the end, I was stunned at the growth and crowded it became. Enjoyed it much however.

I spent a lot of time in the Golden area (Denver West) throughout the 1990's. From the beginning of that decade to the end, I was stunned at the growth and crowded it became. Enjoyed it much however.

Fully agree. My parents had an office in Golden around I want to say 2003-2004ish. There were still plenty of empty open spaces around where that office was, but when I went down to that area recently, it was all apartment buildings. Every area is very built up, and I don't know Golden feels a lot more commercial and yuppie now. I used to love it a lot.

I live in Littleton now and it's alright. At least where I am, I am very close to the mountains which I love as I am not much for cities. Sadly the commute from Bailey to Denver everyday for 3 years was too much. Littleton ended up being a decent compromise. :D

Last edited:
It's so much more then then the fact that people want to move there. It's so congested there's no more land to build.

There's still land, it's just stupid expensive. Yrwei52 is right, the cost to buy/build has gone up exponentially in the last few years. I've worked/lived in the SF bay area for over 20 years, my wife and I just jumped ship and moved to SoCal due to the cost of living in SF. It's still expensive down here, but it's about 50% of the hard costs of the bay area (for housing). Put it this way, I'm an architect, one of my employees wife is a realtor and I have many contractors as friends. With the cost of land and infrastructure in the bay area, it made more sense to move south and work remotely than to buy or build a home up north. That's taking into account that most of the soft costs would be free (I'd design and permit my own plans, my realtor was doing most of her work for free, and my friends were going to construct the home at cost). That's saying something.

Oh, and the skyrocketing costs are due to the influx of the tech industry into the bay area. If you're not in tech, your salary just cannot keep up. I have a buddy who codes for Apple, and he paid $1.5mil for a flat in the castro...not a whole house, a flat! It's just stupid up there right now.

Agree. The CX-5 looks fantastic is silver. Really like it.

2ad4923f16afc49c868753729a896968.jpg

1f6c37afa110e5d2b7be9bcad13b0c66.jpg

97edcc54bfa633ad2270456f742b7aec.jpg

f0351c0bf1962de99a82138889a5948b.jpg

0762868614c6b1d12be59b454ca2b9db.jpg

@Srad600: yea, it's crazy. My neighbor moved here from SF. Sold his small house there and made enough in profit to pay cash for his $180,000 home next to me. He's loving Cleveland. LOL

Thanks Zoomzoom1016 for bringing us back on topic. Nice shots.

@Srad600: yea, it's crazy. My neighbor moved here from SF. Sold his small house there and made enough in profit to pay cash for his $180,000 home next to me. He's loving Cleveland. LOL

Thanks Zoomzoom1016 for bringing us back on topic. Nice shots.

Damn, wish I could get a home for $180k here. Here in Denver median home price is around $400k. Really sucks. Hell the condo unit under me just went for $270k which I think is absolutely ridiculous.

Hell if I could buy the unit I'm currently renting for under $200k, I'd consider that a win. It's not upgraded like downstairs is.

Sigh.

Edit: And 7, I had a buddy who worked for a company here that was headquartered out in either Cincinnati or Cleveland (I forget which). The company tried converting all their Denver folks to the equivalent Ohio wages and that didn't go over too well LOL as there was actually a pretty big difference.

Last edited:
Yea, my buddy I mentioned before that moved to Denver 3 years ago just got married. They love it out there but they're seriously considering coming back now. They make decent money and can't buy a house there.
My house was $170,000. 2,400 sq feet, 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, fully finished basement, huge backyard, 2 car garage.

$170k? Damn.

(wow)(wow)(wow)(wow)(wow)(wow)

I love it out here as well and make some pretty decent money but still couldn't afford most houses here.

You would need 170K$ x 3 to get a modest townhouse out here... on the other hand it's New Years in 3 days and it's 82 degrees outside. I think it's rained 10 minutes out of the 2 months that I've been here.

So you don't wear sweaters, you don't snuggle around a fireplace, you don't go sled riding? [emoji16]
I hate winter, not going to lie, but there are some great things about it. Funny, the older I get, the less I hate it. I know it's supposed to be the other way around. LOL

So you don't wear sweaters, you don't snuggle around a fireplace, you don't go sled riding? [emoji16]
I hate winter, not going to lie, but there are some great things about it. Funny, the older I get, the less I hate it. I know it's supposed to be the other way around. LOL

I really do miss having both a fireplace and wood stove. Sitting around those were fantastic.

I used to hate the winter as well, but I've become mostly apathetic to it. Only time I truly still hate it is when it's absolutely frigid and windy.

Up here in the Seattle/Tacoma area, $250k will get you a depression era sub 1000 sf home that likely needs work. The Chinese influx has seriously affected prices here.

I really do miss having both a fireplace and wood stove. Sitting around those were fantastic.

I used to hate the winter as well, but I've become mostly apathetic to it. Only time I truly still hate it is when it's absolutely frigid and windy.

-16*F here yesterday morning. High of 6*F today. Yippee!

I like winter, but yikes, it's early for these temps.

Back