CX-5 Beauty Shot Thread

The best stretch of road I have driven, in NA, is the Sea to Sky highway in Vancouver heading North/NE thru Squamish and up towards Whistler. I worked the 2010 Olympic games and I had to drive that route every other day in a tour bus. Amazing scenery.

The drive from Banff to Vancouver is on my bucket list. Driving the up the Pacific Coast to Vancouver and then through the Rockies to Banff would be Amazing. But then I have to drive all the way back to LA from (basically) Calgary.

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
737fce1c5ad0087c514260a6d79619d1.jpg
51076b7f6aad3af9b2286bebf5b4d1aa.jpg
02137e03372a11482e53143f94c84256.jpg

The drive from Banff to Vancouver is on my bucket list. Driving the up the Pacific Coast to Vancouver and then through the Rockies to Banff would be Amazing. But then I have to drive all the way back to LA from (basically) Calgary.

BillOhio, I live about 25 miles from Ytown. Little place in PA called Darlington.

San Francisco and the surrounding area is just gorgeous. Vancouver is great also but if there's a prettier Big city in North America than San Francisco, I haven't seen it.
Wife and I have agreed on this in addition to the much nicer weather. And we’re coming to enjoy the Bay Area soon although it’s so expensive to move into that area right now!

Happy Holidays!

Wife and I have agreed on this in addition to the much nicer weather. And we’re coming to enjoy the Bay Area soon although it’s so expensive to move into that area right now!!

“Right now”? Prepare yourself son. Always has been, always will be expensive. It only gets worse.

Right now? Prepare yourself son. Always has been, always will be expensive. It only gets worse.
Yeah we fully understand how expensive living the Bay Area can be. But its all supply and demand. Theres the reason why its getting more expensive living there because more people want to live there from world wide! Theres always a price to pay living in the nicer area!

It's so much more then then the fact that people want to move there. It's so congested there's no more land to build.

Yeah we fully understand how expensive living the Bay Area can be. But its all supply and demand. Theres the reason why its getting more expensive living there because more people want to live there from world wide! Theres always a price to pay living in the nicer area!

Yea, and then there's the crazy political/economic environment of the state which drive up costs even further!

Yea, and then there's the crazy political/economic environment of the state which drive up costs even further!
Yea, it's not really that either... That's a discussion for another thread though.

It's so much more then then the fact that people want to move there. It's so congested there's no more land to build.

Speaking of congested and no more land to build, visited family in Salt Lake City back in January. Couldn't wait to leave that sh*thole of a city it felt so confining.

As for the Bay Area, good luck driving anywhere. Even 1pm-2pm in the afternoon it was bumper to bumper traffic the last few times I went there through SFO and tried driving anywhere be it via the Bay Bridge or the San Mateo Bridge.

Edit: No beauty shots at the moment. My car is filthy from the weather!

It was this past Friday afternoon that I was in San Fran and I actually found driving to be pretty casual, but having spent the last 7 years in Toronto and now LA may be a contributing factor on that. Or, maybe there were just less cars on the road than usual on account of being so close to Christmas.

I like the silver CX-5, I think it has a bit of a 'Spartan' look to it but still with some elegance also.

Last edited:
It was this past Friday afternoon that I was in San Fran and I actually found driving to pretty casual, but having spent the last 7 years in Toronto and now LA may be a contributing factor on that. Or, maybe there were just less cars on the road than usual on account of being so close to Christmas.

I like the silver CX-5, I think it has a bit of a 'Spartan' look to it but still with some elegance also.

Interesting. So much traffic the last few times I went to SF. Not even during "rush hours".

Here in Denver a lot of people are moving here and the state has not been keeping up with expanding the road infrastructure. Best we get now is toll lanes such as the ones that are being built on C-470 which as the main belt around the city has been 2 lanes both ways forever. Ridiculous.

State complains they need to raise taxes for roads, but then they spend money that should be going for roads on public transit nobody uses and bike paths downtown so we end up with toll lanes as our expansion. Go figure.

Back