CX-5 Beauty Shot Thread

The more I look at this machine, the more I think, "this thing needs wider tires and some wheel spacers". Anyone else in this boat/have done this without lowering? I'd like to see a stock height or lifted version of the 17+ CX-5 with a wider stance if anyone has pics.

The sun remembered where England was today.............

DE7_CBDED-_EFFF-46_BC-_BB9_F-_D7_A833_D3881_F.jpg

1_EB9109_D-73_ED-4_ADF-8_EB2-_EEB55617663_D.jpg

The more I look at this machine, the more I think, "this thing needs wider tires and some wheel spacers". Anyone else in this boat/have done this without lowering? I'd like to see a stock height or lifted version of the 17+ CX-5 with a wider stance if anyone has pics.

I obviously agreed...went with 245/45/R20 on TSW Sprints ET35... still debating if we will lower her a bit. The wife wants it dropped slightly so who am to argue. Just waiting for more options to be available.
IMG_6815.jpg

I obviously agreed...went with 245/45/R20 on TSW Sprints ET35... still debating if we will lower her a bit. The wife wants it dropped slightly so who am to argue. Just waiting for more options to be available.
IMG_6815.jpg

Nice W/T setup there, beefy..my vote would be for none or 1" or less drop...

I've seen you driving up and down my street. Love what you've done with it. You kind of inspired me to look at CX-5s, so I picked one up. Considering lowering it. Is your drop a kit or custom?

Thank you; glad I could help (rockon). I have BC racing coilovers. For pre 2017 models Non coilover option is h&r lowering spring or eibachs with stock struts. Coilover low will require aftermarket sway bar endlinks as well. As far as 2017+ not entirely sure what is backwards compatible and what isn't.

Last edited:
Thank you; glad I could help (rockon). I have BC racing coilovers. For pre 2017 models Non coilover option is h&r lowering spring or eibachs with stock struts. Coilover low will require aftermarket sway bar endlinks as well. As far as 2017+ not entirely sure what is backwards compatible and what isn't.
I just realized you have a build thread in your sig. Duh, Diane... My bad.

Okay, that gives me a lot to look at and research, thanks. Mine is a pre-owned 2016.5. Pearl White GT FWD. I would just leave this one stock, but it's not in my nature. haha I autocross the MX-5 so this one doesn't need to be a toy, per se. I definitely want it lower, we'll see what other ideas I get. ;)

In your pics, is that a Mazda club you're hanging out with?

I just realized you have a build thread in your sig. Duh, Diane... My bad.

Okay, that gives me a lot to look at and research, thanks. Mine is a pre-owned 2016.5. Pearl White GT FWD. I would just leave this one stock, but it's not in my nature. haha I autocross the MX-5 so this one doesn't need to be a toy, per se. I definitely want it lower, we'll see what other ideas I get. ;)

In your pics, is that a Mazda club you're hanging out with?

It's a car club called Regime. Mostly imports. We have chapters in different cities/states/countries. I used to hang around mazdas of san antonio but thats pretty much dead now.

Our insta https://www.instagram.com/theregimecc/
Typically a few of us show up at the sears meet on thursdays at 8. We will be at ATB apr 29 with a flag and cookout too.

If you have questions about mods for this car I can help. I've been modding this platform since the first parts were becoming available for it.

Last edited:
It's a car club called Regime. Mostly imports. We have chapters in different cities/states/countries. I used to hang around mazdas of san antonio but thats pretty much dead now.

Our insta https://www.instagram.com/theregimecc/
Typically a few of us show up at the sears meet on thursdays at 8. We will be at ATB apr 29 with a flag and cookout too.

Cool. I'll have to see if I can make it out to ATB.
You should come check out our next autocross on May 8th:
https://www.facebook.com/events/719070121816143/

Did you notice any difference in the ride with the 245/45/20s wrxray?

The ride is slightly harsher, but I like the added responsive they provide. They also weigh 4 pounds lighter per corner than the OEM setup so it feels a bit more peppy.

Finally some warmth here... this is our 3rd Cx-5. Love the car.

xOBMNGMSlsw8owqkzFOKfm0T_rUV5NuIKtcVNhcnnU5WbmcU_7ZfkHDnbY2-1tZCdv9EBaXkaz7UHekapqzPwrnGl09bkUgqIN70SKvC7apeGXC_exJbioy4CGdWi18NGkHTCnpkJbpNhQEAUP-cpX6KbLAnIf07ovVOw9Gm6bUHC8M3n_Qh8boy5izXAgElcA8_Ye3jQOgKLgQnct4T7ef4kMgYa0bIzRbqKCrNCBBUR_QvH1jv4i4GN9myoL9JK4Es9L57OdC8earDToAMXXTD2IrWTb0ti9Y1Zpu8g7sY_2XtaIvOX8C-mENEOA-zOmLBIsyepxNAOfBVjIDCukj6Q03EV3Sg-z_zs5Jtimc_JPTs9yItCHyVGyDHxyL6MULOL7n6jtWbi1km5Mrf7hyFlIh8NlBGYcR-AtyK9agbHwZJReDbIU3ukPI1m8eQfY1hEEqOcgCQtTYDr8bjKXFy4qH-hp3Te2BNEk6-z2CovQX6OX0tIBFen5hKRWsiKyvMycEK4HXnegVq_Su8SmFfInvCg37fR5cpAI55ysb6ynBifDJXkOTSVQmcwJz1K0azoYuR2-4hsIbNtxY7OkCzgLBBaXMR8FGJ3XoEeJqpltXqa_hADRcxm1IBAV0GNw_sxkiVqmOHTJhvFHHCezTpLnkFHcEU=w1759-h989-no

Back