Brake length

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hi!

I recently purchased a 2017 GT. I love it, but was wondering how long the brake pads tend to last with a combination of highway and city driving.

How many miles did you get out of the stock pads/rotors? Does anyone know what Mazda typically charges per axle for pads and rotors?

Thanks guys!

My 2014 Touring has 38,000 miles on it and the rear pads are at 50% and the fronts are at 40% gone. I am an easy driver and I only drive in a small city urban type setting. I expect I will be changing rear pads at about 75-80,000 miles and the fronts will last alittle longer but, will probably do them at the same time. Ed

My 2014 Touring has 38,000 miles on it and the rear pads are at 50% and the fronts are at 40% gone. I am an easy driver and I only drive in a small city urban type setting. I expect I will be changing rear pads at about 75-80,000 miles and the fronts will last alittle longer but, will probably do them at the same time. Ed

My Nissan dealership (2016 Nisssan Rogue SL) is telling me that my rear brakes are at 20% at 26,000 miles. My wife drives this vehicle, and is very easy on the brakes. This seems odd to me.

Is there a good tool or way to check brake thickness? Im a car guy, but more so on the paint side then the mechanical side.

Thanks!

When I checked my 2016 at 60,000 miles I had better than 50% pad wear left all the way around. I do a lot of highway driving though. Plan to check them next week again. I'm getting close to 75,000 miles.

My 16 was just in the dealer for service and both front and rear brakes are at 7 mm. Car was 16,500 miles. At that rate I should be good for 50k+, I hope.

jman136 should have the pad thickness inspected by another knowledgeable person. The only way to really check is to remove the wheel and look at the pad through the caliper. Ed

Back